To Take It

remember that time?

Tyler awoke in a bed that he hadn't been in previously.

He was back in his parent's home, in his old bed.

"How did I get here?" He asked himself.

He looked all around until he looked outside to his window and to the street below.

search, Tyler.

"Josh?" He asked, that sounded like him.

search.

"Jenna?" Now it sounded like her.

find.

Mark too? He thought.

me.

That was now the voice too well known to him.

He got up from his bed and walked downstairs to the basement but once he got to the last step, he noticed it wasn't his basement. Instead he was standing in a dark, eerie forest. He looked behind him and the stairs weren't there anymore.

As he began to walk along the trees, he heard the voice from before call to him.

tyler.

keep searching.

i'm close to you.

"You're close to me?" Tyler asked outloud.

He looked all around, his head spinning every which way, but saw no one.

"Where are you?!" He shouted.

i'm inside out.

you're simply underneath.

Tyler sat against a tree.

"You can't be." He said.

He saw an apparition through the trees, and it looked like it was coming closer to him.

"What do you want from me?!" He shouted to it.

I want to know you.

"No." Tyler said.

I want to see.

"No." He said softer now.

I want to say-

"Hello." Tyler whispered.

He looked up and the ghost was gone.

Was that what we was supposed to be searching for?

Or was there something else?

He got up and started running, looking everywhere for... well, he didn't even know.

He was frantic, searching and wondering if he was screaming to an empty sky, yelling 'Hello.' 

After a while he stopped and dropped to his knees looking down to the ground, taking deep breathes from running so much.

When he got back up, he looked around and the forest wasn't surrounding him anymore. 

Instead, he noticed he was on a stage. At Madison Square Garden, to be exact.

Josh was to the right of him and the stadium didn't have one seat empty.

This is a dream, Tyler thought.

Josh came up from his drums and wrapped his arm around Tyler's shoulders.

And for some reason, Tyler knew what to do, like he had been doing this for years.