To Finish

Twenty One Pilots had just made it into Michigan for their fifth stop on this tour. The past week went by in a blink of an eye. Now the boys were on a beach in Michigan, with a whole pack of tacos.

On the way down to the beach, the crew past by a stand selling wrestling masks, so naturally they had to look at them all. They all tried on almost all of the masks before settling on buying a pair of black ones with swirls of color on them. The mask was more of a face mask that strapped with velcro around the head instead of over the top of the head, but it still was a mask that they both liked. Maybe they'd wear them on stage one day. 

  ________________________________________________________________  

Mark zoomed in his camera on Tyler.

"A beach in Michigan is all about the commodities, it's what you make it, and if you make the right decisions, a beach in Michigan can actually be a good decision. Okay? So just grab a pack of tacos, grab a tall boy of some sort of lemonade, and, and just, and you know, drink it, drink in the fact that you're on a beach in Michigan... cause the waves suck. Man, the waves suck."

"Ayy obviously I- I agree-"

"Cheers."

"- I got nothing else to do."

"Michigan, where the sand is hot, the sun is shining, that tacos are flying down the throats and the tall boys are getting warmer and little kids are watching me talk. 'How are you doing?' There's nothing like being on a beach in Michigan. Cause it, you get, you have the opportunity to wear sunglasses that make everything actually brighter, but you know what? I look cool and that's why I'm here. I'm here to make sure everyone knows that I'm a cool guy. I'm confident enough to wear a button shirt on a beach in Michigan. I'm also confident enough to wear shorts that are way too short on a beach in Michigan and, and socks? Forget about it. I will roll with whatever socks I grab first... on a beach.... in Michigan. That's what I love about this place, you know, they accept you for who you are. You wanna dream big? You dream big. You wanna be a beach but you're in Michigan? You be a beach. Michigan beach. It doesn't matter. It doesn't matter if you're black or white." Tyler spoke.

"That was oddly sorta in inspiring..." Mark said as he set his camera down.

"No it wasn't... I was just speaking out of my mouth." Tyler said taking a bite of his taco.

"Is anything I say inspiring? Does anything I say mean anything? I just, I just wonder sometimes, if what I am saying can impact anyone as they impact me."

"Tyler, we're on a beach in Michigan. Let's save the philosophical talk for tonight." Josh said.

Tyler looked up at the sun.

"Yeah, I guess you're right, as always. Let's go prepare for the show."

  ________________________________________________________________  

They were about to start.

what to say, what to say.

you know you just may mess up this time.

if not this time, then the next one.

spread this infection, reflect it on the next one,

the next one, the next one.

remember when you wrote that?

no one will understand that like you do.

like I do.

Tyler hung his head down; a blank expression on his face.

you KNOW that when something good happens,

sometime BAD IS GOINGTO FOLLOW!

believe it tyler.

Tyler felt warm arms around him.

Josh was hugging him.

believe it.

Josh hugged tighter and Tyler smiled a little.

"Come on, man. We're on in five." Josh said as he let go.

He wasn't sure why, but he started the show with 'Clear.' This song was usually one they'd play in the middle, if they'd ever play it at all, but Blurry sparked something in him to play it.

"I wish that I had two faces to prove which theory works,
Yelling on the street corner or cleverly masking your words,
I take my face off at the door 'cause I don't know who they will take me for,
I wonder if I tell them what I did last night,
Whether or not I got caught, they just might,
Wage war on you, therefore it's true,
That I shot my general on my side of enemy lines.

I'm the son of all I've done,
Impostor, been fostered, then my new father drained my dirty blood.

I'm not trying to be lying to you,
But it takes a clever guy to do what I do,
It takes some chivalry and well placed energy,
To subliminally get yourself inside you,
Introspection is the name of this session,
Spread this infection, reflect it on the next one,
The next one, the next one, and when we're done,
We'll all have made something new under the sun,
I'm not done, I'm not done yet, no,
Kick me off the stage and take my microphone,
Then you'll walk up to me and when you get close,
I'll look you in the face and say, "Where's your home?
Where are you going and why are you here?"
Have you asked these questions? Have you been sincere?
Want to know what I believe? It's right here,
Dig a little deeper and it's crystal clear.

I'm the son of all I've done,
Impostor, been fostered, then my new father drained my dirty blood.

I will tell you what I can,
But your mind will take a stand,
I sing of a greater love,
Let me know when you've had enough
!"

He sang as he fell to the ground.

He had had enough.

  ________________________________________________________________  

They finished the set and were back on the road. Tyler laid down on the back seat.

Josh was a bit bummed out, he wanted to have philosophical talk with Tyler, but he didn't know if Tyler wanted to speak or not. That was something he really enjoyed doing with Tyler, other than Mario Kart or Taco Bell.

As Tyler laid down he glanced over his hands. As his hands moved across each other, his mind began to race, but of an intrusive topic he doesn't particularly like thinking about.

if you just opened the car door you could jump out and die.

wouldn't that be cool?

you should do it.

like the noose only it wouldn't be our fault.

He felt a cold breeze come from the window of the car. His head was hurting with the deeply negative thoughts and he began writing.

 I am not as fine as I seem, pardon,
Me for yelling, I'm telling you green gardens,
Are not what's growing in my psyche, it's a different me,
A difficult beast feasting on burnt down trees,
Freeze frame please, let me paint a mental picture portrait,
Something you won't forget, it's all about my forehead,
And how it is a door that holds back contents,
That make Pandora's Box's contents look nonviolent,
Behind my eyelids are islands of violence,
My mind's shipwrecked, this is the only land my mind could,
Find, I did not know it was such a violent island,
Full of tidal waves, suicidal crazed lions,
They're trying to eat me, blood running down their chin,
And I know that I can fight or I can let the lion win,
I begin to assemble what weapons I can find,
'Cause sometimes to stay alive you got to kill your mind.

Josh heard Tyler writing behind him. He turned around in his seat.

"Working on something good?"

Tyler didn't speak for a minute.

When he did speak, Tyler's voice was shushed and hurt as he said "Can you pull over?"