C H A P T E R 1

The summer was finally over, everything that have been destroyed by the previous war were already fixed, and people in the wizarding world were slowly trying to get everything back to normal again.

"Ron, are you sure about this?" Hermione Granger asked to her eight year bestfriend, Ronald Weasley. The two were been dating for almost a year since that kiss they shared together during the war.

Ron and Hermione spent their vacation in the burrow along with Harry. The trio decided to continue their 7th year in Hogwarts after the war where Harry Potter defeated the Dark Lord.

At that point, Ron and Hermione were having a serious conversation at the backyard of their house. 

"Yes Hermione, I just thought we should think about it. You know, maybe we've just got carried away by the incident in Chamber of Secrets.. We're not really in love, are we?" Ron asked while watching the gnomes playing between the holes.

Hermione bit her lower lip. Well that's true, she's not in love with Ron but as time goes by she'd already developed a feelings for him. "Y-yeah.."

"I'm sorry Hermione." Ron turned to face her.

Hermione felt her eyes burning at its lids."I-it's fine Ron. Just tell me the real reason... Nothing will change.. I promise." She smiled bitterly although doubting her very own words.

Ron took a deep sigh, slipping his hands inside the pocket of his denim jeans. "I'm in love with someone else Hermione.." He admitted.

Despite the will to remain tough, Hermione didn't managed to suppress her tears as they began rolling to her cheeks. "Oh.. W-who is she?"

Ron cleared his throat, thinking that he should tell her now everything. "Astoria Greengrass," he said still looking at her with such guilt.

"Astoria? The Slytherin girl? I thought she's Malfoys' girlfriend," Hermione wiped away her tears with her sleeve. She lifted her face to meet his blue eyes once again.

"Yes she was, t-they've broke up a few weeks ago," said Ron. Hermione didn't miss how he almost slurred.

"You fell in love with her in just a matter of weeks?" asked Hermione, failing to hide the pain in her voice.

"No.. It's been months, since the war ended. We're writing each other secretly, and she said that she's willing to give up Malfoy for me," it was a real punch on Hermione's guts. How can he talk about this like it's not a big deal to her? How dare he speak like cheating was a normal excuse for every couple breaking up?!

Hermiones' heart almost jump out of her chest. She didn't expected that it will be painful as this. Her boyfriend was cheating with her for months, that's why there's always a strange owl flying around the burrow when she arrived.

Her shoulder started to shudder, the tears she's keeping were making it even harder to stable her breathing. She don't want Ron to see how affected she was, she don't want him to think that he means the world to her.. And that she needs him.

"Look, I know I'm being a douchebag but I'm just being honest with you Hermione," Ron held her shoulder still and lifted her chin with his fingers, catching her eyes.

"I get it. It's just that," Her voice shakes a bit. "I-it hurts Ron.. Really."

Hermione rigidly stared back at him. Her eyes were asking many questions that she couldn't put into words. Her heart was hammering against her chest. It was really painful, and knowing that Ron doesn't feel the same way makes it even worse.

Ron looked at her with sympathy, he holds her hand and gently pulled her for a tight hug. "I'm so sorry Hermione, I've been planning to tell this much earlier but I can't find a good timing. We're still best friend, nothing will change I promise." He even kissed the top of her head.