"Yea." She said "All good."

She had felt the power and confidence oozing out of him the two times they had met but now, in her tiny kitchen, it was almost drowning.

Wait! What the heck was wrong with her and her thoughts these days?
Jules snapped herself out of whatever haze this Greek god had put her under.

"I'm sorry about that." She said walking past him out of the kitchen and into the living room all along aware of his gaze on her as he followed suit.

Ceaser didn't say anything, just looked at her while they both sat on different sofas.

"So, why...?"

"I'm here to apologize for the way I stormed out of here the other day," Ceaser said interrupting her.

"Oh, that? It's nothing. It's fine. I'm sure you had..."

"I remembered something really important I had to take care of." He said interrupting her once again.

"It's really okay. I mean, I wasn't..."

"I know, I just..." He was about saying before she cut him off.

"You do know you haven't let me complete a sentence." Jules pointed out getting irritated with his interruptions.

He looked taken aback.
"Excuse me?"

"You haven't let me complete a sentence since you walked through the doors." Jules smiled. "I don't know if you're telepathic or just..." arrogant "...that way," Jules said instead.

There was something different about him.
Jules thought.

He had a hint of a smile playing on his lips.
"I'm sorry. I..." Ceaser frowned as he apologized to the woman for the second time that day something he never did. "Is your meal edible enough?"

"What?" Jules was confused as he changed the topic.

"The food; it was on when I walked in." He stated, "Is it edible or did it get burned?"

"Oh. No, it's edible."

"That's a shame. I'd have loved to take you out for dinner."

Jules felt the blush creep from her neck to her cheeks but she pushed away the excitement that bubbled up to the surface at his indirect offer.
"You do remember that I have a daughter, right?"

As if on cue, Ivy's cry echoed through the house.

"Excuse me." Jules got up and ran down to the spare room she used for Ivy when she was busy in the kitchen.

She pushed the door open and the minute Ivy saw her, she quieted down.

"Momma," she said raising her hands for Jules to pick her up.

"Hey princess." Jules smiled as she picked up a pouting Ivy. "Hungry?"

"Hunguwe." She said.

Jules smiled down at her. Adjusting Ivy on her hip she went back to the living room where she had left her uninvited guest.

"I don't think you've officially met my daughter," Jules said as she entered the living room. Ceaser got up and turned when he heard Jules.

His face went blank when his gaze fell from Jules and landed on Ivy. Those two times he had admired her, he never knew she was his flesh and blood. But now that he knew, he felt his heart expand and fill with love. Love for his little girl whom he couldn't wait for to be his completely.

If Bea hadn't given her up, he wouldn't have to go through this. He would have been with his daughter and been the happiest man.

Jules saw a look pass in Ceaser's eyes and couldn't quite place it. It was almost sad to watch the feeling play in his eyes as he looked at Ivy. Ivy always made people who met her smile but it made this man sad. Jules frowned at that.