"You're the one making me go to Josie's."

"It's necessary! Look, I-"

"Ellie if you don't stop talking right now, I will stop what I am doing."

"Don't you dare." Ellie looked down at her girlfriend who was kissing along her collarbones, before muttering indignantly "You always win debates."

"That's because I know how." Natalia grinned, before wrapping her arms around Ellie's neck and pulling her down for another kiss with a giggle.

~

Carlos sucked at astral projection. It wasn't an opinion, it wasn't for lack of trying, he just sucked at it. Dana had showed him the basics but he still hadn't quite gotten the hang of it. He'd been trying to project himself into Night Vale for some time, but he never quite ended up where he wanted. He was currently trying to project himself into his lab, but it was annoying and the image in front of him often flickered. It was the first time he had tried it in some time. His research and the masked army and even Kevin had garnered his attention so constantly that he hadn't been able to try for at least a month.

"Come on, stupid thing." Carlos cursed and scowled as he once again failed to get the feeling that he'd had when Dana had linked him into her projection. It feels like a rope around your chest, Carlos reminisced on Dana's description. It's tight and constricting but it allows you to see your loved ones.

"One more try before I give up." He muttered. He closed his eyes once again reached out his arms and tried to feel for the strange imaginary rope. Until he suddenly felt a tightness around his waist. Carlos gasped as he felt like he was being lurched forwards. He hesitated in opening his eyes, not wanting to be able to see what was there. Until he heard a familiar voice.

"Ugh. I hope someone wins soon. The giant box of pencils here? Starting to get in the way of things."

Oh.

Carlos' heart leapt as he opened his eyes. He had succeeded in manifesting himself, but not in the place that he had been attempting to. Instead of his team in front of him, Carlos gazed into the familiar eyes of Cecil. His surprised expression turned into one of joy as Carlos broke into a smile too.

"Ohhh! Guess who's in the studio with me! Well, not actually WITH me, but projecting himself into our physical plane. That's right, my favourite scientist and yours, but mostly mine, Carlos!"

Cecil stepped forward towards him, hair sticking out in its usual and hands clutching his microphone and Carlos gave him a sheepish and apologetic smile.

"Hi, Cecil!"

"Carlos, I know we just talked last night, but for the listeners, why don't you tell us what's new out in the desert otherworld you're trap– oop! Uh, the desert otherworld you're...spending some time in."

Oh, right. That would be a good way for Cecil to justify to the listening audience why he had just blurted out that Carlos was there.

"Well, I– I've been doing so much interesting research! I've learned the composition of the rocks, which are not of our world, and the composition of the components of the rocks, which are of our world, strangely, and I'm trying to figure out how many stars there are. I mean, they're always changing size and position, but...I do think there are a lot of stars." That sounded scientific enough, Carlos thought.

Unfortunately, he had forgotten the extent that Cecil loved watching him talk about his work.

"That sounds very scientific..." Cecil said in a rather low and huskier version of his normal voice. Carlos could feel himself getting rather hot under the collar. He was getting further into the voice that only Carlos usually got to hear, whispered into his ears when they were- dammit! Carlos thought. Get your head out of the gutter and think about something else other than the fact you haven't touched your boyfriend in months.