Chapter 27: Violet

Violet's POV: 

The usually dull mansion was reverberating with the loud chatter and excited souls. Everyone was in a mind-set of exuberance – the triumph I felt of finally receiving my diploma and being an official high school graduate filled my heart with indescribable euphoria. I was in a state of nirvana that nothing could pull me out of.

I was surrounded by all of my loved ones and the closest people to my heart; the people who have supported me lately to make me become a much better person I was able to evolve into the person I always dreamed of becoming but was too afraid to let shine so instead I kept my true self hidden in my cocooned up shell but the moment Ian walked into my life day by day he broke that shell until he brought in crashing to the ground.

Ian was my light and saviour; he always claimed that I was his angel and he was the monstrous devil but little did he know that he was my angel too. He is my guardian the person who always strived to protect and cherish me in ways that seemed almost obscene to think of. He made me feel things that seemed almost like a fairy tale to me.

He made my life a beautiful fairy tale that I would never want to escape.

I was pulled out of reverie by strong arms wrapping around my petite waist from behind, I couldn't stop the smile that stretched my lips ever further. "We made it, angel." Ian spoke in a tone that filled my form with even more euphoria.

I giggled loudly turning around in his arms palming his cheeks in my palms, "Y-Yes we d-did!" I cheered back my voice laced with equivalent excitement.

We were staring lovingly into one another's eyes when my mother's voice broke off our moment. She had a bright smile lighting up her face.

"It's time for dinner, sweeties." She said, flashing Ian a much brighter smile. It made my heart flutter at how Ian and my parents finally made amends and somehow their hatred evolved into a never ending sea of love. It was a bit creepy how they changed their ways around one another so easily but who was I to object? My wish came true.

We both nodded heading to the dining room behind mom, we took seats opposite to Damien and Jessica who were sweetly murmuring to each other – my brother specifically flew in leaving all his work behind to spend this celebratory day with his sister and newly graduated girlfriend.

I never imagined my brother as the one being a hopeless romantic but it seems that it's something in the family when we fall; we fall hard. In just a short span of time Jessica had my big scary CEO brother wrapped around her small fingers holding his heart captive by her charming charisma and bubbly persona.

The food was served and everyone was endorsed in endless chatter, my parents were in a deep conversation with Victoria; it seemed that they were getting on quite fantastically.

Ian was acting suspiciously quiet all of a sudden picking at his food with his eyebrows furrowed together like he was in deep thoughts.

I was getting concerned quickly as I placed my hand softly on his thigh pulling him out of his day dream. "Huh?" He asked his nose scrunching up. I laced my fingers with his limp hand, "W-What are y-you thinking a-about s-so d-deeply?" I asked giving his hand a gentle squeeze.

He just shook his head placing a soft peck on my palm, "You'll find out later on." I was confused by his reply but decided to drop the subject for now.

The rest of dinner passed by uneventfully with nothing but small talk exchanged here and there.

Everyone was getting up to move to the back yard when Ian cleared his throat loudly drawing everyone's attention in; everyone looked elated as they looked at Ian raising my confusion.