Chapter 16: Violet

Violet's POV:

I was flipping pancakes when I felt two strong arms wrapping around my waist, I gasped in sheer surprise when I heard Ian's chuckle that I could never miss.

I playfully turned around smacking him across the chest, "d-don't s-scare me l-like t-that again!"

Ian just brushed it off and peaked into my pan, "This smells delicious." He mumbled, ogling my pancakes.

"T-Thanks, n-now g-go s-set the t-table while I-I f-finish, and w-wake D-Damien and J-Jessica u-up." I ordered turning around to continue my cooking.

"Yes, your highness." Ian mocked.

I was carrying the last plate of pancakes to the back yard when I saw Jessica and Damien tumbling down the stairs following the scent of food. They looked quite funny.

We all settled on the table devouring our breakfast when Jessica spoke up, "what are we doing today?" her cheery voice was still intact, the girl was a bundle of joy.

Damien cleared his throat awkwardly, "We're leaving today." His tone was quiet and cautious. Jessica cheery smile dropped in a matter of seconds.

"What?" She mumbled.

"I have work, Jess. And I have to drop off Violet safely at home." Damien was hesitant as he spoke taking notice of Jessica's reaction.

"Oh, I'm sorry I forgot. Ian are you leaving too?"

My gaze snapped to Ian and I knew his answer real well, we discussed this already last night.

"Yes."

That was all it took for Jessica to stand up abruptly. "I-Uh I have to go." She mumbled in a rushed tone as she quickly tried leaving.

Ian was already getting up to talk to her when my brother told him he'll handle it. Ian seemed contemplative and unsure but nodded nonetheless.

"I feel horrible." He whispered rubbing his face roughly with his hand. I didn't know Jessica that well, actually I thought she was a potential threat but Ian seemed to know her more than I do. They were childhood best friends after all.

I wanted to coax Ian but I didn't know what to do, I was clueless. "Uh, I-I'm s-sure she'll u-understand." I mumbled unable to comprehend proper words of encouragement.

Ian shook his head as he laced our fingers together. "It's a difficult choice, Vi. She needs me too." Ian said.

My heart started beating at a hundred miles per hour. I was scared that he'd change his mind about going back home with me. That was my parents' condition, they would let things go but have a relationship with me which includes me staying at home.

"But I can't stay away from you, angel." That was all the reassurance I needed to know that Ian would stay with me. A part of me kept taunting me about how selfish I was, wanting Ian all from myself without having to share him with anyone else; even his best friend. But I was always craving him. He was all my life depended on lately and I'd be damned if I let him slip away from me so easily. Not again.

Ian pulled me into his lap, coddling me closer to him nuzzling his head in my shoulder and neck seeking comfort. I ran my fingers through his soft tousled locks, enjoying the feel of the silky locks under my fingertips.

"I-I'm s-sorry I-I m-made y-you chose b-between J-Jessica a-and m-me." My voice was a meek whisper. The guilt inside of me was growing like a tsunami.

Ian stopped his movement for a second, holding my face in his large palms, "Hey, that was my decision. It would always be you Violet."

I didn't know what to feel anymore. I was never good at controlling my emotions or getting a grip on them. Right now was one of those moments when way too many emotions run through me and I can't decide which overpowers the other or which emotion should I lean on the most.