Chapter 22: Ian

Ian's POV: 

My arms were winded around Violet's petite form, her hands enclosed in my much larger ones as I guided her paintbrush on the bright white canvas, "Soft strokes." I murmured in her ears as our hands moved together in perfect sync.

Violet was quite adamant on learning how to paint, but I had unhesitant faith that she'll learn so fast, the girl was a wonder with a sketch pad and a pencil, she had the artistic gene in her so painting would come to her second nature.

A giggle escaped her lips as she squealed loudly in my arms, "I-I did i-it!" she mused her eyes glimmering with the pride she felt for drawing a flower.

I chuckled at her enthusiasm, nodding back at her, "I'm proud of you, angel." I cooed softly causing the bright blush to flourish on her cheeks.

"B-Be w-ware, Ian. I-In j-just a month I-I'll b-be better than y-you!" She teased making a booming chortle leave my lips at how adorable she was.

"Oh that's without a doubt true." I didn't mind it even the slightest bit, even the thought of Violet being better than me at art seemed intriguing and it made my heart soar with pride.

We were both sat down in my attic each engrossed in a canvas with soft music humming in the background; the large windows displayed the neighbourhood and allowed rays of sunlight to slither into the room illuminating it.

Moments like these made me appreciate having Violet in my life even more I always admired how we harmonised in character and our passion for art. She was always there to show enthusiasm about my paintings and encourage me to make more.

She was always considerate with my feelings and desires; it was something that made me fall further in love with her each passing second. My love for Violet could be considered lethal. How much I succumb to her could be considered a damned weakness but in my case it was a motivation it gave me strength to better myself and become the man she desires.

Suddenly I felt slim arms wrap around my torso, "This l-looks b-beautiful." Violet murmured; I instinctively wrapped my arms around the bare flesh of her arms feeling the delicate softness under my fingertips.

Violet seemed to open up even more to me lately, she exchanged her worries and insecurities with me and I listened to every word that tumbled out of her lips carefully and soothed her accordingly. It still shocks me how much Violet harbours in her heart and it pains me way too much to know that this sweet angel was suffering even though she never complains. She always puts other people's concerns above hers.

But I immediately reprobated her misconception, Violet was to share her worries with me without a second thought; I was always there for her – just like she was there for me.

It baffles me how lowly Violet felt about her body, she told me how she never wore revealing clothes because she didn't feel beautiful enough. Her insecurities were haunting and misleading. Lord only knows how gorgeous she was how beautiful she was and how she could make any man delirious. But luck was on my side as I got to be this man.

It makes my heart soar with ecstasy knowing how much my words got to her, she started becoming more comfortable in her own skin losing those jackets she always draped over, but only in my sight – as it should be.

"Are you hungry?" I asked rubbing her soft arms then lacing our fingers together. She shook her head that was buried in the crook of my neck. I was taken by surprise when I felt her lips peppering sweet kisses all over my neck. It felt heavenly.

I hummed in delight as she continued the sweet assault on my neck. "I-Ian?" she murmured between kisses.

"Yes?" I replied breathily.