Chapter 18: Ian

Ian's POV:

I took in a deep breath, preparing myself for this difficult encounter; Violet's parents were sat in front of me on the opposite couch, both their faces holding prominent frowns.

I was struggling to keep my monster at bay. He wanted nothing but to lash out on them, but the thought of Violet helped calm him down.

"You have to talk to Violet." The worlds tumbled out of my mouth with a plea. I no longer cared that I sound weak and pitiful in front of Violet's parents. I just needed them to come along and bring my angel back to life.

Both their faces contorted into ones of confusion but their eyes were shinning with worry. They were parents after all it's impossible to not care for your child; it's always just a faux act.

"Is something wrong with my daughter?" Mrs. Cavalli asked in a panic filled voice.

I breathed out a humourless laugh, "Everything is wrong."

Vi's parents both said simultaneous 'what's. Their posture took a complete flip; they were more alert.

"Violet is self-destructing, she won't eat, she won't drink, she won't talk, she won't move, she won't do anything!" I felt tears stinging in my eyes the helplessness I've been feeling lately was seeping into me full force.

"I'm trying everything in my will to bring her back to life but-but she's always unresponsive, I tried doing everything in my will but she just won't react. I failed my angel." My voice was a mere whisper towards the end. The words I spoke were almost spoken to myself.

Hearing myself utter the words out loud made everything much more believable. A lone tear dripped from my left eye but I was quick to wipe it away. This was not the time to show weakness.

"Please just come with me, Violet didn't tell me what happened between the three of you but you need to forgive her, I'm begging you, Violet is losing herself. I-I can't watch her die like that." I was so close to kneeling in front of them and plead.

But that was not needed as they both sprang out of their seats in a rush to save their daughter.

The relief that washed over me brought my soul to momentary peace, I knew my soul would never be peaceful completely until I see Violet back to normal, until I see her beautiful smile; the smile that brightens up my world – her lit eyes glimmering with pure joy and cheeks sprayed with her sweet innocent blush.

I stepped into the house with both Violet's parents in tow. They were both shaking with worry and anxiety for their daughter. It made me despise them less for a split second.

Upon entering our bedroom I saw Vi still sat at the same exact spot she didn't even move an inch, her haunting eyes were still trained on nothingness. Mrs. Angele was sat next to her trying to speak to her but she was as usual – silent.

Mrs. Angele stopped speaking as she saw us, her eyes widened as she took notice of who was next to me, "I will leave now, Ian." She said curtly getting up from her spot.

I quickly thanked her as she ushered herself to the door.

Violet's parents were both staring at her wide eyed, Mrs. Cavalli's eyes were gurgling with unshed tears as she saw her daughter's condition.

I knew how to read people and their emotions easily, and I could detect the guilt they were both feeling from miles away. My curiousity was still spiked up about what exactly happened between them. I knew that I could come to know with time but for the time being I should focus at the main task at hand.