Chapter 15: Ian

Ian's POV: 

I was awoken from my deep slumber by pounding on the front door. I groaned loudly rubbing my face, as I noticed Jessica still sound asleep roll onto her side; she looked calm and peaceful unlike last night.

The knocking was consistent so I got up quickly, annoyed at whoever it was that disturbed my sleep.

But all the air got knocked out of me as my eyes fell upon who bestowed me, without having time to react the body was flung into my arms, filling my heart and soul with warmth, Violet.

I felt the broken pieces of my heart and soul being picked up the longer she stayed in my arms, erasing all memories of my lonely days, but my bliss was short lived as I remember her father's twisted words.

My whole form went rigid as I unwrapped her arms from around me, "No, Violet, you have to go." I said, my voice void of any emotions, the emotions I was trying to supress because I wanted nothing but to pull her back into my loving arms and cherish her for the rest of eternity.

Her wide innocent eyes stared back at me as she shook her head, "N-No, I-Ian I-I k-know w-what m-my f-father d-did! H-He c-can't t-take you a-away f-from m-me a-anymore!"

I squeezed my eyes shut trying to comprehend what was happening everything wasn't falling into place, how did Vi know? How did she find me?

A masculine voice shocked me out of my trance, "It's alright Ian, my parents won't try anything, your father is safe." That's when I noticed the man standing next to Violet and quickly figured out that this was Damien, Violet's older brother, the resemblance was very consistent with the photos Violet showed me.

I stared at them in pure and utter confusion trying to piece things up in my brain, my brain was going into haywire, my emotions exploding all over the place, I was unable to decipher how I'm suppose to feel at such a moment? Security for my father? Love for Violet? But the main question that was spinning in my head was whether what they said was true or just a bluff?

"Can we go inside and we'll explain everything properly." Damien spoke, receiving only a mere head nod from my part.

We settled down in the living room, me unable to sit next to Violet even though I craved her closeness. I was still wary.

"Ian, what happened with you and Violet was not a new thing to come from my parents. It happened to me when I was almost Violet's age and-and the girl I used to love." His voice was straining towards the end, his face showed vulnerability for a moment but he was quick to recover and post a stoic face.

"My parents have a twisted sort of logic when it comes to protecting their children from things that aren't even remotely threatening, they claim that they love us but it's difficult to believe with how they drive away all the people we love and care for deeply." Damien's speech was filled with raw truth, his words seemed spoken from the deepest depths of his heart and this didn't do anything but raise the building curiosity inside my chest of what his story was.

"Look all I have to say right now is that your father is safe and sound, Ian. My parents would never try to part you and Violet again except if they are ready to give up both their children. Violet knows everything and she doesn't hate you, Ian." Damien smiled slightly as he nudged Violet into my direction.

That was all the encouragement I needed to just give up thinking, I wanted nothing but to hold my angel back into my arms, to protect her from all the monsters around her, she was my everything.

I inhaled deeply letting her sweet smell waft into my nose, the feel of holding her closely into my arms our bodies pressed together perfectly, calming the monster inside me, the manic part that wanted nothing but ensure Violet's security was settling.