Chapter 17: Violet and Ian

Violet's POV:

"We said no, Violet! This is a final answer!" Mom yelled, her face a deep shade of red reflecting the anger she was harbouring inside.

The roughness of her tone and harsh replies was serving as a trigger for me. The tears were building up in my eyes, the disappointment flooding through my body, the ache in my chest intensifying.

"W-Why?! W-Why d-do y-you a-always t-try r-ruining me! A-Aren't I-I r-ruined e-enough!" I hiccuped through my sobs, I didn't care that I was yelling at my parents, I was standing up for myself, Ian taught me that.

Never let anyone run over you, angel. You deserve the world. The words were chanting in my head on repeat. They were giving me strength to keep arguing until I get what I want. What I deserve.

"Violet!" My mother scolded her face a mask of shock and horror. She never thought the day I'd fight her back would come; even the day I found out about their twisted threat to Ian, Damien did all the talking.

I was a weak defenceless child in my parents' eyes, not anymore.

"I suppose letting you spend time with that boy is a wrong decision! I forbid you from seeing him again Violet!" My mother was furious her eyes gleaming with rage.

I was aching all over but never again. Never again would they use their power over me to stop me from being with Ian. I was a lost case in a sea of love for my saviour.

I gulped in a deep breath of air, "N-No m-mother! Y-You will n-not forbid m-me f-from anything! Y-You s-see Ian as a-a threat b-because all h-he does i-is t-try to m-make me s-strong not weak a-and d-defenceless l-like you w-want m-me to b-be!" The words were tumbling out of my mouth without my consent but I was no longer in the mind set of thinking, all I needed was to get the words out of my system, I wanted to let out all the pent up anger and frustration, I wanted to give my parents a piece of my mind. I wanted to let them know that I was no longer a kid; I was strong and able to make my own decisions. I wanted to speak up for all the times I succumbed to them and let them do me wrong. I was no longer a pawn they could play with and throw away when they pleased.

"Y-You h-hate I-Ian because h-he g-gave m-me purpose! H-He gives m-me r-reason t-to live, t-to s-smile. Y-You think h-he's a b-bad i-influence o-on me? B-But g-guess w-what? Y-You're w-wrong! Y-You t-try p-protecting m-me f-from the w-wrong thing! I-Instead o-of protecting m-me f-from Ian, p-protect m-me f-from y-yourselves." My voice dropped several octaves towards the end, my heart breaking as I realised how hurtful I was to my parents. The people who raised me up all my life and gave me everything I ever needed.

Everything they did was with a claim of love.

The sobs escaped past my lips as my shoulders shook furiously, the sight of my mother's teary eyes and my father's shock and broken face was all the encouragement I needed to drop to the floor cocooned in a tiny ball, what was wrong with me? I was shunning my parents for a boy I met a couple of months ago – I was such an ungrateful child.

The thoughts flooded my brain like a monsoon. Was my love for Ian worth all of this? My life previously was lonely and sad but nonetheless I was showered by my parents' love, maybe because I never left the confinement of my home. I was closed off from all the people in the world, I was almost non-living but everything was perfectly fine with my parents other than the normal scolding that I would take silently.

My whole life took a 180 degree turn the moment my stubbornness hit. Wanting to go to school was the dumbest decision I took in my whole life it wasn't as if I took many decisions before.