More Than Space

"Hey, hey no no no! Wait, it means nothing. Come back!" Mark pleaded, throwing back the sliding door, his girlfriend had slammed shut as she stormed out of the room, "Come on. Just come back inside."
No response followed. The only sound from her slim, shivering figure as she stared out to the dark clouds hanging over the city bellow, were the October wind's icy whispers dragging themselves through her blonde hair.
The sounds of the drunken people behind him faded into dull echoes as Mark slowly separated the party from his girlfriend and him.
"Amy." He said finally. A soft breeze lifted Mark's red hair before placing it gently in front of his focused stare, "Talk to me."
Amy's head dropped, her arms still tightly crossed to her torso. Mark landed his feet on the soft grass, a step closer to her.
"They know I'm with you, they would never try to-"
"But they didn't need to try, did they?" Amy's voice stung the crisp air.
"What do you mean?" Mark felt his lungs twist as he spoke, his eyes tracing Amy's body for some instruction for what to do. Amy's jaw was clenched as if in pain.
"You love it, them falling over you, I can see it when you laugh. No one is that funny." Amy's voice, though her body showed a cold, timid girl, not once faltered. Mark took another cautious step.
"I laugh at everything!" He said, his voice failing to convey his halting smile, "You can't expect me to not talk to anyone!"
Another step.
"No." Amy said, her body still brittle and shivering. Mark longed to wrap his arms around his girlfriend and keep her safe and warm, though he knew that band-aid could not fix anything, "But it still hurts." Mark winced as, for the first time, Amy's voice sounded unsure. Her words, always so strong and full, were like adrift whispers that fell meekly from her lips; however, still not lacking in force. They still punctured Mark's heart, dropping his shoulders and bowing his head. They still fronted a weighted silence.
"You know," Mark took a final step, his body standing inches behind her lonely frame, "You know I would never knowingly hurt you." Amy nodded. 
"You'd never hurt anyone." She agreed.
"Especially you. I love you more than anything in the world." As he spoke, he slid his strong arms around Amy's waist, hugging her to his chest. As his warmth melted through her skin, Amy let out a restrained breath and together they looked out at the star scattered, sky.
"More than anything in the world?" She smiled
"More than anything." 
"What about outside the world?" Amy teased, "What about in space?" Mark breathed out a soft laugh before replying.

"I love you more than anything on Earth," He hugged Amy slightly tighter, "And yes, More Than Space."
They were quiet in each other's company, gazing down at the beautiful city bellow. 

-----------------------

Jesus Christ OK, first of all I'M SO SORRY for my absence but also my lack of an excuse haha. I guess I just didn't feeeeeel like writing and because I'm a lazy piece of shit ect ect. Needless to say, I will try my best to keep these imagines coming at a fairly steady pace and also THANK YOU for over 60k??!?!!?? How? You are amazing for I'm guessing, rereading my stories a hundred times. I love you.