Missing You (2)

"Here's a pillow." I said drowsily, "I'm gonna go to sleep now." I went over to my bed and placed my phone by the lamp.

"Night." I heard James say before my head hit the pillow and I fell in to a long awaited asleep. It felt like only seconds had past before a cold breeze woke me up. I groggily opened my eyes and saw my duvet had been pulled away from me. Suddenly, I became aware of the steady breath on the side of my face and a firm arm around my waist. I quickly kicked my feet and jumped out of bed.

"What the fuck are you doing?!" I yelled and flicked on the light to see James had been lying next to me. He slowly opened his eyes calmly and yawned. I just stared at him, confused and disgusted. "What are you doing?"

"Hey, babe, calm down" He began to get up and I backed against the wall.

"Don't come near me." James gave almost no reaction and just kept walking closer and closer to me.

"Get away from me!" I screamed. I hurled the alarm clock at his chest but he still kept getting closer and closer. Desperately, I grabbed my phone, ran into the bathroom as fast as I could and slammed the door shut. "What the fuck is wrong with you?" I yelled through the wall. 

I sat on the edge of the bath and called Mark. The phone rang.

"Y/N? What's wrong!" Mark's voice suddenly appeared. He sounded tired and worried, although I would be too if he called me at 2 in the morning.

"Mark! Jesus-"

"What did he do?" Mark growled 

"James was in my bed-"

"What!" Mark suddenly yelled, "That's it! Are you OK?"

"Yes, I locked myself in the bathroom."

"Don't leave, OK? I'll be there in 2 hours." I heard the sound of Mark running around the house, he was packing.

"I'm miles away!" James started banging on the bathroom door.

"Is that him?" Mark growled again. A still drunken yell from James answered Mark's question.

"I will be there! Stay safe and do not open that door." He sounded panicked but I heard him stop suddenly and take a breath, "I love you."

"I love you too." I hugged the phone to my ear, "Be safe!"

"You too. Goodbye"

"Goodbye." I hung up the phone and stared at the door. James had stopped hammering against it but I could hear faint groans still. For 2 hours, I stayed in the bathroom, just like Mark told me to, until I suddenly hear 3 strong knocks on the hotel door.

"Y/N!" Marks deep voice called through the wall.

"Mark!" I yelled back, "I'm in the bathroom."

"I'm coming in!" There was a small silence before a loud smash that was the hotel door flying open. I ran to the bathroom door and pressed my ear against it. Marks strong voice boomed over James fearful cries. SMASH. THUMP.

"MARK!" I unlocked the door and quickly swung it open, "Are you OK." I looked down and saw James collapsed on the floor, Mark standing over him. I met Marks eyes. Not even a second passed before he ran towards me and pulled me to his chest. I wrapped my arms around his neck and buried my face in his neck. I took a shaky breath out and Mark held me tighter. He was so sturdy and warm, I felt safe finally in his arms.

"I'm OK, I'm OK." He said, I could feel him smiling as his head pressed against mine. I pulled away to look at James. He was lying on the floor, his eyes closed and his hand was cut.

"What did you do to him?" Mark joined me, standing over James.

"He's just out. He came at me with a bottle or something and I punch him." I turned to Mark and looked at his hands.

"Oh Jesus! Your hurt." There was a large cut running up the outside of Marks arm, "How the hell-"

"He must have cut he when I hit him." I looked up at Mark and frowned slightly.

"I'm sorry." I dropped my head

"Why?" Mark lifted my chin to look at him, "It's not your fault." 

"It's my fault your hurt."

"How about you stop letting drunk creaps sleep in your bed, and I'll try not to get hurt knocking them out?" I smiled

"Deal."

"Good." Mark smiled back and leant closer to me. Our lips met and I wrapped my arms around him again.

Mark stayed with me for the rest of my trip, to keep me safe but also to drag James' body into the hallway. I was glad.