Carnival

written from Amy's POV

It's Saturday Night and I'm out with, honestly, the best people in the world. We had met up that afternoon after the ending of this years ComicCon, and my first for that fact, so we all decided to go to the huge carnival in town together. The warm lights and the cool breeze fused with the bumbling chatter and giddy grins of my closest friends had me beaming all night; we were all blissfully carefree. 
I stood draining my toasty drink next to Signe, we were the only two girls in the group as Mandy and Molly hadn't come with their partners this year. We giggled and rolled our eyes at our male companions, fighting over the hammer at the Wack-a-Mole stall. Mark claimed the hammer first, inserted a coin to the machine and immediately began pummelling everything in his sights as violently as he could, making exasperated grunts and wheezes. Every thwack brought forth a small squeak from the rubber hammer, rendering Mark's efforts to be so manly almost counter intuitive. Making matters worse for him he confusingly missed all most every single mole that popped its head out to taunt him, triggering the boys behind his to gradually break down in to fits of laughter at Mark's dismay. "I don't understand what's happening!" He cried, "What am I doing wrong?" His expression was confused, trapped somewhere between amused, bewildered and offended.

"Mark! Mark! You can't just thwack it randomly-" Jack shouted over the squeaks echoing from every resentful hit Mark struck, "Hahaha! Mark!" 
Bob's laugh spiked above all of their's in his classic howling way, forming more laughs from the group until they could hardly breathe.

I watched my pile of friends, laughing alongside Signe so much I could hardly hold my drink still. When Mark's game ended he threw the squeaky hammer on the floor and crossed his arms in a grumpy protest. Bob patted him on the back consolingly but still with a happy smirk on his lips, "Don't worry buddy,"
"It's not fair!" Mark exclaimed, then laughing at himself.

We all had a go at the Wack-a-mole, everyone of us beating Mark's score to his dismay, before we began looking around the stalls again. The Carnival was set out like a maze, winding grass pathways leading to new interesting treasures but mostly dead ends. As we searched for our next muse, we naturally began walking in separate groups, chatting happily with one another. Bob and Wade walked together along side Jack and Signe who constantly giggled and sassed each other, then in front stood Mark and I. He was still resentful from the Wack-a-Mole stall and his little grunts of anger made me giggle. Every time I did so he would look up at me happily, pleased he could make me laugh I guess. A cold breaze ran through us and I closed my eyes, still walking, to embrace it. When I opened my eyes Mark was looking at me again but only for a short while as he fast shot his gaze away from me.
"I think we've gone on everything, guys" Bob said at last, as we turned a corner.

"Not quite." Mark said and we all turned to look at what he was staring at. It was a huge glittering Ferris Wheel encrusted with thousands of twinkling lights.

"Woh." I gawked, wide eyed at its beauty.
"How did we miss this?" Jack yelled and ran forwards, hand linked and pulling Signe behind him. They immediately jumped into the first free gondola, beaming and waving us over.
"Alright then!" Bob and Wade pilled into the next free one, leaving Mark and I the final place. "Let's go!" Mark suddenly grabbed my hand ran, pulling me into the gondola to sit very closely next to him. I laughed as I edged away slightly and gazed up around all the lights.
"It's so pretty!" I gasped and grinned
"Yeah it is." I looked to Mark and he had a child like spark in his eyes as they soaked in all the sights surrounding us, then looking to me. "So pretty." I gave him a smile before the wheel jolted us forwards slightly and it began to lift and spin us around.

As we were lifted higher and higher, the cheerful sounds of carnival music bellow faded and we were left with only the sounds of the soft wind blowing past us. I let out a sigh and lent forward, my chin resting on my folded arms. I closed my eyes.

Another stronger gust of cold wind passed and I opened my eyes against it. "It's actually pretty cold up here." I lent back and felt Mark's arm draped along the back of my seat. I was surprised at first but soon welcomed it's warmth. One more gust of wind shook our seats and I grabbed the fabric of Mark's shirt for a second before slowly easing my hand of it. "Woh we're high up!" He said, calm about me suddenly grabbing him.
I looked up to see that we were close to the top and became a little uneasy.
"Yeah," my voice was unsure and quiet
"You OK?" Mark noticed my discomfort, looking at me. I met his eyes. We were inches from one another. I opened my mouth to reply and felt his hand rest softly aside my arm, holding my closer. His deep eyes gazed farther into mine and I felt myself slowly leaning closer.

Suddenly a strong jolt threw us forwards. Mark's grip around my should tightened and his second arm grabbed my jacket as he saved my from hitting the safety bar in front of us. "Oh my god." I cried as the gondola rocked us back and forth.
"What the hell?" He lent over the side to look all the way down to the other gondolas, "It's all stopped." He turned back to me, my face white. "Amy, you ok?" I nodded and smiled at him. His right arm returned to drape around my shoulder, rubbing my arm comfortingly.

"HEY!" Jack's defining shriek echoed from above us and we looked up to see him and Signe standing up, leaning over the edge of their still rocking gondola. Jack was waving wildly, neither hand steadying him from falling of from the top of the wheel, "YOU GUYS ALRIGHT?"

"YEAH!" Mark's voice boomed back

"Aw! YOU GUYS LOOK CUTE!" Signe's torso hung over the side so that we could almost touch hands if I stood. I looked at myself and Mark. His arm was rapped around me and I was leaning closely to him.
"You two banging?" Jack asked sincerely. I laughed nervously and hid my face for a second.

"No"
"Not yet!", Mark yelled back and I playfully punched him in the chest making him giggle mischievously . He grinned at me and way lay back in the gondola, his warm body sheltering me from the cold wind.

Not sure if I like the resolution of this one so I might change it later but I feel like you guys deserved an extra long one because of my stupid upload scheduled (or rather lack there of)