Meeting Mum (1)

"OK. Just don't mention anything political and you'll be fine." Mark sat forward in his seat, his hands firmly gripping the steering wheel.
"Mark, don't worry! It'll go great." I put my hand on Marks arm and he smiled at me, "I'm great with new people, you'll see!"
I'm quite a people person, I can easily talk to strangers on the street and I'm very outgoing. It's one of the few traits I don't share with my boyfriend, Mark.
He is fairly introverted meaning that he values his time spent alone. That doesn't mean that he isn't amazing when he does talk to people, though. It's so nice to hang out with him and his friends; he makes me feel included and relaxes everyone with his beautiful, deep laugh.

"It's not you I'm worried about. When my mum met my ex girlfriend, she was aweful. She picked out all her flaws and talked about her to me as if she wasn't there." He frowned at the road again, "I don't want her to make you feel awful."

"You've met my parents, I think I can cope with a little destructive criticism." Mark laughed at the thought of the first time he met my mum and dad. They could have easily have ruined my self esteem if I hadn't had such great friends growing up. 
"OK, babe." Mark put a hand on my leg.
"Oh jeez please don't call me that!" I laughed.
"What babe?"
"Yeah, I hate it."
"But babe. I love calling you babe, babe."
"I hate you." Mark smiled at me
"I love you too."