part 2

Peridot soon came out wearing the simple swimsuit , Steven smiled while amethyst screamed "LOOKIN' GOOD PERI"as she was
Swimming with Pearl. Peridot sat near the water and slowly dipped her feet in the water. She hesitated but did it anyway, later being emerged in water-not knowing how to swim she gurgled in the water asking for help. As amethyst was helping peridot get out of the water Steven noticed a dark skinned girl walk to him
"Hi Steven!" Of course it was Connie. Steven greeted back with a hug.
Peridot's POV
I finally got out of the water, amethyst just laughed in my face and Pearl said something about the water and swimming or whatever. Then I saw Steven with some dark skinned human-being, wait is she a human or a gem ? It doesn't matter I guess. Steven hugged her, and for some reason I felt like I wanted to crush her for that, but why? I mean I get all sorts of hugs from Steven , and I feel okay when Steven hugs the rest of the crystal gems... So why am I mad about her? 

"Peri". 

I mean I see Steven hug others so why does it feel so infuriating when I see him do it to-

"PERIDOT"

oh Amethyst was giving me a 'towel'. I walked to an 'umbrella' and dried myself.I looked at Steven and that -human or gem- talk to Garnet.I just watched on , I looked at that girl- she didn't look like a gem. Dark skin, natural earth colored eyes and tangled hair. Her accessories on her vision spheres reminded me of my visor.

...

...

Steven and that human started to walk to me, I faced away and my cheeks felt hot again.

"Peridot!Peridot!" i faced him and raised an eyebrow so he wouldn't notice my cheeks. That human looked at me confused "who is that?" i pointed to the------thing

"This is Connie, my friend!" hm, okay she's her friend. fine I'll accept her friendship.

I reached out my hand and smiled wearily, she's...not shaking my hand. Steven just laughed it off and told Connie to talk with me, then he left.

"Nice to meet you Connie!" i smiled again....she glared at me

"You were the one who hurt Steven before, don't pretend like you didn't do anything" she looked away.

"i-I know" she looked at me "Then all of a sudden your nice" 

" I know" i could feel her glare get sharper "But not all of a sudden"

her face got softer and asked "so what did you do?"

I talked with her about what happened, she understood and talked about her experiences ever since she met Steven.

"I can understand but..."

"what?"

"what made you want to be a crystal gem?"

i was silent, i knew the answer for sure...but if I say she might know... WHATEVER!

"its because of Steven"

her face immediately lit up then was the face of....of...of guilt?

She walked away, aaaand she left me.

The place was pretty quiet after that.