part 1

It was a day like any other, except it wasn't. Peridot woke up from her "sleep" and rushed to her roommate, Lapis Lazuli.

"LAAAAPIS" she shouted with enthusiasm. Lapis shrieked awake and asked "WHAT" in response.

"im going Steven's today, I wont be home for a few days okaaaay?"

"alright" the water gem fell back asleep.

The green gem shrugged and walked to their personal lake. She looked into it and dirt all over visor and face.

She shouldn't try to take mud baths with Amethyst ever again.

Her hair was a bit frazzled too, and her gem could use a bit more shine. She took off her visor and cleaned it in the lake, she looked in the lake again- and she saw her green eyes and sighed.

She didn't want to admit it- but she did miss homeworld. Although she loved her new home, new roommate, Garnet, Amethyst, Pearl and especially Steven- she loved feeling powerful even for a little bit. It was where she was made after all; It had trained to be smart and knowledgable. She didn't have time to think about it, she had to meet her fellow crystal gems. She ran to the warp pad and teleported to Steven's humble home. Steven sat on the sofa cross-legged while holding his cheeseburger backpack.

"Steven!" she ran to him smiling as wide as ever.

"Peridot!" he spread out his arms and the green gem responded, Steven wrapping her in a tight hug.

"Ready for your first beach day?" Peridot nodded, she had no idea what in the world that was.

They both ran out and saw Garnet and Greg setting up umbrellas and blankets while Amethyst was trying to convince Pearl to swim. Peridot greeted them happily and she apologized to Greg-Steven's father for trying to push him off the roof. It was the perfect weather for a swim. Today Connie was coming too, but she's still not here. Steven watched on as Peridot walked to Amethyst and ask her questions, Steven smiled- in a short amount of time Peridot had done so much. She learned about earth, befriended so many, became a crystal gem and saved the planet too. He had friends like Lapis and Connie but... its not the same with Peridot

Eventually Steven went up to Peridot and tapped her on the shoulder

"Hey, hey Peri?" She turned around and smiled "What do you want Stevey?" Steven chuckled, around 2 weeks ago that Peridot had given him the ridiculous nickname. He surprisingly stuck with it

"You should change to this" Steven gave her a swimsuit that was made purely by Pearl. It was a one piece with a dark green color. Peridot was confused but she accepted.

It seemed like the perfect day, but it was going to change- for both of them.