Chapter 8

We head over to the kitchen and get our food. All the while in thinking about what I'm going to do to explain. I believe I made it pretty obvious that I knew a lot more than I was letting on. So I guess that means I'm going to have to tell him something. I don't want to lie to him. But I don't know how I can tell him the truth. What would I say? Like, oh by the way Arthur I'm a sorcerer and I'm immortal and I've been waiting for 900 years for you to come back to life. For some reason I don't think that would work. Well maybe he didn't tell me everything. And maybe if he knows more I can say something off of that.
We sit down at the table and start eating. After a minute of eating, Arthur starts,
"Well this food is surprisingly good. Although the chicken is a bit overcooked."
"Look who's talking," I say to myself.
"So Merlin," he continues, "what do you know about what's going on here?"
"Well..." I hesitate, "First of all, you're right. I know those are memories, because... I have the same memories. I have memories from back then. Second of all, I was wondering if there's anything else you remember. Anything specific from those memories. Any thoughts or feelings, any other details." There has to be more. It's worth a try anyways. He's hesitating. Probably trying to remember the hidden details.
"Well I mean, there are some things that I didn't really think about. In the first memory, we were talking about something. We were just having a friendly conversation. I forget what it was about."
"Okay," I reply, "What about the next memory? Even little things like clothing or thoughts."
"Well I mean, there are some things that I didn't really think about. In the first memory, we were talking about something. We were just having a friendly conversation. I forget what it was about."
"Okay," I reply, "What about the next memory? Even little things like clothing or thoughts."
"Well I already told you we were in a dining hall eating. Everyone around the table was wearing fancy clothing. Although I didn't think about it before but you weren't there at the beginning. You weren't eating with us. And then when you did come in you weren't wearing any nice clothes. It looked almost like you were a- a servant."
"Your servant," I intercede.

Thank you for reading! You guys are awesome! I'm sorry that it took so long for me to post. It's been a busy week. But I should be posting at least once a week from here on out. I hope you're enjoying the story. Always feel free to give any feedback and if you like what you're reading please vote. Have a great week!