Changing

Jada (POV)

My grandma and Jaylen were discharged from the hospital. Weeks had gone by and Khaza is still in a coma. I went to the hospital everyday hoping and praying that he comes back to us becuz we need him. I talked to him about how everyone was doing until I fell asleep. Ron, Killa, and Munch came in all of them silent as a mouse. They looked up to Khaza and it was hard for them. They talked to him for a good lil while about how business was going and tried to brighten the mood with jokes but it never lasted long. They talked to him about Kay. She misses her daddy. I bring her to see him a few times and she would lay in the bed with him telling him to wake up. She's staying with us and I see her as my own daughter. It broke my heart. Both of her parents are absent at the moment and she doesn't know what's going on. I was dying inside about what I did to Shantell. It came back haunting me.

Ron: We out here waiting on you bruh.

Munchie: Yea. Things not the same. We love you dawg we can't lose you too.

Killa stood there with tears in his eyes. I already know the feeling when the tears choke you and you cant speak. I held his hand.

Jada: He's gonna get up yall. We gotta keep him in our prayers.

When they all left I stayed for a lil while. I didn't wanna leave him. If I left him I thought something would happen. That I'll never see him again. I held his hand just crying. I haven't cried for weeks now but I couldn't help these tears. I've been telling him the same story every night about how we met and what I first thought of him. I started telling him again cuz I miss him. My head was down looking at the floor when I felt a movement. I looked up and thought maybe I'm tripping but his finger moved again. My heart thumped and I ran to tell the nurse. He came rushing in with his stethoscope. He felt around on his chest.

Nurse Jefferson: Mr. Mc'Cain move your finger if you can hear me.

He moved 2 fingers this time and I didn't know whether to cry or smile. So I did both. He went got some other nurses and I was asked to step out of the room. I called Ron and told him what happened. They came in less than 15 minutes rushing in looking anxious.

Ron: Wassup? He woke?

Jada: I'm still waiting I dont know yet.

They took deep breaths and I could see a little relief on their faces. But I know they didn't wanna give their hopes up. The nurse came out in about 2 hours and his face was too serious I got worried.

Ron: Is he woke?

I held my breath as he smiled at us.

Nurse Jefferson: Come see for yourselves.

We all ran in the room and there he was sitting up in the bed with a bandage wrapped around his head. I ran to him and hugged him crying and smiling at the same time. Ron and them were jumping around dapping each other down.

Khaza: Yall niggas making too much noise.

Munchie: Fuck all dat. They aint said shit yet.

Killa: Nigga if you Eva scare me like dat again Ima kill you myself.

We were all smiles and laughing.

Khaza: Yea I heard yall soft asses. "Please wake up Khaza we love you dawg"

He was mocking them and they faces got serious.

Ron: Man I held my own. That was them fools crying like lil bitches.

Munchie: Man fuck that we did miss you and love you. I aint waiting til you die to tell you that shit. Call me what you want.

We nodded our heads in agreement.