Chapter TwentyEight - Dagger To The Heart

Start from the beginning

"Finding it hard to, if I'm honest." With that, I walk out of the room, shutting the door behind me. Looking down the hall I find Sofia being held up against the wall, a vampire with his mouth wide open, fangs out, heading straight for her neck.

I wave my arm back. He flies straight into the back wall, taking Sofia with him but it's enough to distract him and to give her time to do what she needs to. A dagger straight to the heart.

I scream when an arm wraps around my neck. The skin is cold and horrible, I immediately hate it. I grip the dagger tighter in my hand as cold breath whispers over my ear. "Your daddy will be so proud of me."

I grunt, trying to shove him of me but he moves me and shoves me into the wall, my head turned to the side. His face comes into view and I met with black eyes. He presses his nose into my cheek and inhales deeply. "You smell so good; good enough to eat."

He moves his head back and I don't hesitate. I throw my head back into his face, catching him in the chin. I spin around, raising my foot and kicking him in the stomach. He stumbles back into the wall. "She's feisty."

"You're sick," I mutter. A fire ball glows in my hand and I throw it at him. He lets out a bellow as it hits him in the chest. I do it again and again until he can't even try to pick himself up off the floor. Moving in front of him, I raise the dagger.

He tips his head back and meet my eye. I falter. My eyes go to the pointy sharp end of the dagger and then to his chest. "You can't do it." He lets out a laugh. "You've never killed anyone before. You can't do it. Daddy has no idea what he's thinking by bringing you into our world. You're weak."

"I don't want to be in your world," I sneer. "I never wanted a life like this." He's right, I can't do it. I can't bring myself to shove the dagger into his chest and into his heart. It's not me. I'm not a killer. Yet, the magical good side of the world expects me to kill my father.

As my anger and frustration rise, so does the power inside me. It flows through my veins; thick, blazing, hot fire. It burns, but I barely feel the pain. My hair starts slapping at my face, a wind storm swirling around me. The vampire's eyes widen and his face pales. I'm not even sure how that's possible considering his skin is as pale as snow.

The wind turns into a fire; a real, orange, hot fire, heating my skin as it continues to swirl around me.

"Sang," someone calls.

I ignore them, my focus on the vampire before me. I smell smoke, but I ignore that. I'm not sure how I do it, but something tells me to send the fire straight towards the vampire, so I do. I move my hands in front of me and the flames hit right at him, just as he's pushing himself back to his feet.

He stumbles back, the fire hitting him straight in the chest. He screams, trying to pull himself away from the onslaught but he can't. He's frozen in place. Right before my eyes, he burns and burns until there's nothing but ash where he stood.

I freeze in my spot, the flames dying down around me until there's nothing. I stare at the ash for several long seconds before an unknown gush of wind blows the pile away. "What just happened?" I whisper, my eyes wide as I look around me.

My eyes settle on the cousins. They're looking at me in disbelief and shock. I don't understand. "What was that?"

"You just fully tapped into your power," Safire says. "It's impossible to kill a vampire unless it's with a dagger or a specially made potion."

"You're powerful Sang," Sofia whispers, wiping at a scratch on her face that has beaded blood on the surface. "More so then we realised."

xXx