CHAPTER 13

"Manik , what happened ? Has the car broken down?"Nandini asked in a worried tone as she saw him failing to ignite the engine after several attempts.After bidding a final goodbye to the fishes , Nandini and Manik had checked out from the apartment right in time and were now heading towards Malhotra Mansion where Cabir and Navya were waiting for them alongwith their little bundle of joy , Ananya.

"Manik please fix it soon naa, I am getting so restless to meet my baby." She pleaded shaking her head like a toddler.

Manik made a puppy face and turned towards her .

"Nandini , you know what ! Workers' efficiency can be increased if you promise them a reward" He spoke in a matter of fact tone.

Nandini was left bewildered by his statement .She flinched her brows in confusion and pondered over what he had said a few seconds back trying to relate it with their current situation.

"Wha..What do you mean by that?" She eventually asked unable to make out what he meant.

"I mean that if you want me , who is your driver right now , to work faster then you have to give me a reward" He replied casually eyeing her .

By now Nandini had got a hint of what he was trying to say.Her expressions softened as she replied in the same tone as his.

"Ohhh...to yeh baat hai.To kya reward chahiye driver sahib ko"

"A kiss" He spoke instantly without letting her complete.

Nandini's eyes widened as she heard his demand.And before Nandini could realise anything , he bent forward , aiming towards her lips.

Nandini shielded her lips with the back of her hand , just in time before their lips could fuse.

"What the f.."Manik spoke in an annoyed tone .

Nandini pushed her back , resting both her hands on his chest and smiled.

"Driver ji , first finish your work" Nandini gestured towards the car " and then ask for the reward..."

"Oh k" Manik agreed and once again twisted the key to ignite the engine.

"Bull's eye" He shrieked excietedly as the car started in the first attempt itself" Kitna obedient engine hai...or should I say it understands my need for you" he winked and pulled her closer with a jerk "Should I" Manik asked in a soft seductive voice as he slid his finger down her temple.

His proximity , like always , was melting her down.Her heart was thumping inside her chest as Manik inched closer and she closed her eyes .

Just when their lips were few millimetres apart , Manik's phone rang and it distracted both of them.Manik was reluctant to take the call , but Nandini insisted and hence he took out his phone from pocket.

"Harshad" Manik flinched his eyes before answering the call.

"Manik Sir" Harshad spoke from the other side " There is an issue with the registration of your marriage .Can we please meet and talk about it"

"Ok...I'll be reaching back home in 30 minutes.See you there"Manik disconnected the phone hastily and drove the car , as he told Nandini about Harshad's call.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Manik and nandini walked inside the house holding hand in hand.

DIL KA RISHTA..MANAN SS [COMPLETED]जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें