CHAPTER 12

FLASHBACK 3

Nandini was blushing profusely as she reached the wedding venue hall with the pair of shoes.She was expecting to see Manik but to her dismay he wasn't there.She looked for him all around but of no use.Her eyes were all the time glued to the main entrance , expecting to see him coming, but he didn't come.

Cabir and Navya changed into casuals as they had a flight to catch in a few hours.So they had planned to leave to the airport directly from there.

Manik's absence was making her restless.She had no option but to wait!

"Why am I so restless?Why do my eyes want to see only one face in this crowd? Why did I cry on hearing about his sufferings?Why do feel the butterflies in my stomach when he comes near? Why Aiyappa...what do we call this feeling?" She murmured to herself as she looked up at the ceiling.

"Caught you!" She heard a familiar voice from behind and all colours on her face faded right away.

Nandini flinched her eyes anxiously as she slowly turned around to find Cabir standing with a huge grin pasted on his face.

"Caught you talking to the ceiling again"Cabir mocked "Fir se apne aiyappa se kya baatein kar rahi thi...tell me!"

Nandini sighed and looked up at the ceiling once again, silently thanking Aiyappa for rescuing her.

"Tell me.."Cabir prompted.

"No..nothing...wo..wo actually I was praying to Aiyappa...for..asking for a safe trip...for you guys"She lied conveniently and Cabir believed her.

"Ohh thats so nice of you Nandini..Thankyou so much" Cabir was truly pleased and Nandini smiled back , mentally berating herself for being so careless " Achha Nandini , Can you please do me a favour"Cabir spoke as he handed her a pair of keys " Actually , these are the office locker keys that always remain with me .I forgot to give them to Manik , he left in such a haste that it slipped off my mind....."

"What , Manik Sir has already left?" Nandini interrupted even before Cabir could complete his sentence.

"Yeah " Cabir replied in a matter of fact tone " Infact he left an hour back only.."

Nandini felt a twinge in her heart.She recalled what had happened in the room an hour back.And since then her heart had been craving to see his face.She was astonished to know that he left without her knowledge.

"Hello" Cabir clicked his fingers in front of he face " Where are you lost? "

" Ai...aise kaise chale gaye" Nandini spoke unknowingly and Cabir was taken aback by her sudden reaction.

"Aise..kaise...Matlab?"Cabir asked sceptically and Nandini bit her lower lip as she realised what she had just blurted.

"I mean..I.."She fumbled for words to give him a valid excuse " I mean..how could he leave without seeing you off afterall you guys are leaving the country for a month" She heaved a sigh of relief because she was content with her excuse.

"Ohh me...he got some important call .To usse jana pada...never mind" Cabir replied casually " I cant trust anyone else with these keys so can you please hand them over to Manik , on your way back.Please"

Nandini's eyes lit up.She felt as if a golden opputunity had knocked at her doorstep.She herself wanted to see him and Aiyappa had given her a reason.

DIL KA RISHTA..MANAN SS [COMPLETED]जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें