CHAPTER 3

"This is for you" Manik said handing over a packet to Nandini as they got down in the driveway of Malhotra Mansion

"This...what is this?"

"A small gift ...for you" Manik replied softly looking into her eyes" Wo actually I thought its Ananya's birthday , so I have given gifts to the entire staff..So ..So" His expressions had changed suddenly and Nandini felt a twinge in her heart.

She thought manik had bought her a gift but alas she was being  gifted by her employer.

"Thankyou " nandini replied gloomily " For this" and walked into the house with Ananya.

-------------

Nandini looked at the box lying on her dresser without batting an eyelid.

"Why did I feel bad when he called me an employee , why? " nandini murmured to herself " Aiyappa pls help me.Why am I loosing myself all over again.Why does he affect me so much?"

She sighed and picked up the packet.

She opened it found a beautiful peach coloured saree in it.

"vow" nandini said as her eyes lit up with joy.

She picked up the saree and below it was a note which said

"Will Ananya's Mom wear it tonight?"

A smile crept on her face as she walked into the washroom to change and get ready for the dinner.

-------------------------------------------

"Ananya baby , tell your mumma that papa's gift is looking really good on her " Manik said looking at Ananya and she giggled back

"ananya baby , tell your papa a big thankyou and that his choice is really beautiful " Nandini winked at Manik.

------------------------------------

Manik had booked the entire roof top restaurant by the poolside to celebrate his daughter's birthday.Though he hadn't invited anyone except Navya and Cabir.Cold breeze was blowing.Thankfully Nandini had brought warm clothes for Ananya.

But as for herself, her saree and sleeveless blouse were giving her a tough time.

They were waiting for Cabir and Navya .Manik was busy with her phone while Nandini was taking care of Ananya.

Suddenly Manik noticed that Nandini was shivering.

"What happened ?" He asked looking at her.

"Wo...wo...nothing" Nandini rubbed as arms as she trembled again " Its too cold here"

"Ohhh" manik thought for a moment and then got up and removed his blazer.

"Wear this" he said extending it towards Nandini.

Nandini was shell shocked .

"No...its ok..Sir..I mean Ma..Manik"I'll manage.

"Wear it else you'll fall ill" Manik insisted.

"But ..but what about you?" Nandini asked " Aren't you feeling cold?"

"Its okay I'll manage" Manik smiled " I cant see you fall ill" he spoke in a flow

"Matlab?"nandini asked inquisitively.

"I mean...wo" Manik fumbled for words searching for the right excuse " Who will take care of Ananya if you fell ill"