Chapter Twenty-Seven

Start from the beginning

          "It's not like that Connor, it just happened," I tried explaining but he didn't seem to be listening.

          "I did, just like you did," Hayden said, anger starting to creep onto his face.

          "That wasn't the same and you know it. I thought we both agreed that it was Lex's decision," Connor said, taking a step closer to Hayden.

          "I know, and this was an in-the-moment kind of thing, but don't get me wrong, that doesn't mean I didn't mean it," Hayden said and shock spread across my face.

          Connor suddenly slapped Hayden so hard that he slid into the lockers behind me. Hayden recovered and then jumped to his feet and punched Connor. Connor's head snapped to the side, but he didn't move. Connor lifted his hand up to his mouth and used his thumb to wipe away the smudge of blood on his lip.

          "Guys, stop it!" I shouted as a crowd started to form.

          Connor looked at me, emotion swirling in his eyes, his mouth slightly parted. I noticed he had a fit burgundy long sleeve shirt on, missing the long black coat. I absently thought about how much I liked that shirt on him. He looked me over one more time before he turned around and walked away. Parker, Chase, Emma, and Skye followed him as crowds broke apart to let him pass.

          I looked back at Hayden who was also watching him go. He then looked at me and gave me a small shrug as if to say he was sorry. The crowd that had formed looked between Hayden and I and where Connor had left. I took a step towards where Connor had left and I felt Hayden's hand wrap around my wrist.

          I saw the crowd that was still gathered stare at Hayden like he was something odd in the middle of everything normal. It was unlike Hayden to seek any type of physical contact, no matter who it was, at least that's what the people at school thought. Hayden tugged me away and then pulled me through the rest of the crowd to a secluded area.

          "You shouldn't be around Connor right now," Hayden said.

          "Why not?" I said tugging at my wrist but Hayden didn't let go, "he could hurt someone in the condition he's in."

          "Which is exactly why I can't let you go after him," Hayden replied.

          I looked at him for a moment, debating if I should go anyway. "Please," Hayden said, that same pleading face that I only saw when he was trying to convince me of something important on his face.

          I waited a few seconds before I nodded, "fine, but I'm talking to him once he cools off," I said with finality.

          Hayden hesitated a moment before he nodded. The bell to get to class rang and he walked with me to my class and then left for his own. I wasn't surprised when neither Connor or his clan were there. I was somewhat excited, though, when I saw Jade.

          Her blond hair was curled and her emerald green eyes stood out with the top she wore. She smiled brightly and I smiled back. When I sat down in my desk she gave me a mischievous glance and a smirk.

         "What?" I asked.

         "So, are you and Hayden a thing now?" Jade asked.

          I gave her a shocked expression, "What? No! Where would you get that idea from?" I asked.

          "Oh, come on! Everybody in the hallway heard Connor question Hayden about whether or not he kissed you! Plus, the fight afterwards!" Jade exclaimed.

          I looked down, wondering what a mess I've made, "we're not a thing," I repeated.

          "So you guys did kiss!" Jade said.

          "It was nothing... I don't think so anyways," I said and Jade squealed in excitement.

          "We are so talking about this later," Jade replied as Mrs. Henson walked in.

          We were given a lecture and then some work to do. I finished my work as fast as I could as my thoughts were somewhere completely different than the worksheets. It took me more than thirty minutes to complete just one of the four worksheets. I did the second one in the last fifteen minutes as I rushed to finish my work.

          The other two worksheets would just have to be homework. I got up when the bell rang and strode to the door. I didn't wait for Jade today, knowing all she'd do was question me. I quickly exchanged books at my locker and went to Mr. James's class.

A/N: I hope you guys liked it! Please vote and leave a comment!

If you have any questions just PM me! :)

Hope you enjoyed!

Love you guys! <3

Bye! :D