Chapter 18:Chunin exams- Jiraiya's story and a father's love.

Start from the beginning

end flashback

Kiki's POV

I began to cry as he told the story and then he stopped and struck the first cord of a song my mother used to sing to me when I was young. "Is that.." I couldn't get the words out "Yes this was her heart song." he answered me. He played the opening, memories of my mother playing guitar flooded my mind and I cried more, "Why don't we sing together? You start." he said smiling as he played, I nodded and started, as I did my sigals illuminated.

"Wise men say, 'only fools rush in' but I can't help, falling in love with you. Oh shall I stay, would it be a sin? Oh, if I can't help falling in love with you? Like a river flows, surly to the seas, darling, so it goes, some things are meant to be."

he continued, "Take my hand, take my whole life too. Oh, for I can't help falling in love with you. oh like a river flows,surly to the sea, darling, so it goes, some things are meant to be."

We ended in unison, "Oh take my hand, take my whole life too, for I cant help falling in love with you. oh for I, I cant help falling in love with you."

He finished playing, with a smile, his voice was deep and beautiful, I'd never heard a voice so husky and astonishing. Once he was finished tunning it again, he placed the guitar on the dock next to him. I jumped into his arms, sobbing and wrapped my small arms around his neck. He rubbed my back and held me tightly. We both heard clapping which caused us to separate, we looked toward to shore to see several people, among them was the third hokage, my papa, Naruto, Sasuke, Sakura, Ino, Shikamaru, Choji, Hinata, Kiba, Shino, Neji, Tenten, Lee and the other sensei. Even some of the proctors looked on, as well as villagers. Everyone was smiling and some were crying, its hard not to when such beauty is displayed. My grandfather and I stood, "Hokage-sama, I'm ready to meet with the council." I said. He waved me off and smiled, "We'll deal with that tomorrow, enjoy your family reunion." I looked up to my grandfather and smiled, he returned it. "Kiki-chan, get over here and introduce us!" Sakura yelled, waving at us. I pulled my grandfather by the hand and ran to my friends, Naruto and I introduced them one by one. Naruto had filled them in, as to who he was to me before hand, and they were curious. When we got to the sensei; papa, Gai, Asuma, Kurenai, all bowed to him in respect. "Its been a long time. I remember all of you when you were just children." they all smiled, "It has, hasn't it?" said Asuma. "Youthful as ever, with the ladies too, I assume." said Gai with his signature thumbs up. "Its an honor to see you again, Jiraiya-sama." Kurenai said with a slight blush, which didn't go unnoticed by anyone, especially my grandfather. "Better watch out Asuma, I might snatch your girl up." he said laughing which caused a chain reaction. He then looked at my father and smiled, placing a hand on his shoulder, his words brought tears to my eyes. "You've done right by my granddaughter, you are a good father. I expected nothing less from the pupil of Minato. Samara and Bindo would be proud of you. Just as I am." I could tell his words deeply touch my papa because he immediately grabbed my hand and squeezed it. "Thank you for trusting me with her.. She is the light of my life." he said with a smile under his mask. "awwws" were heard all around. "Well this is all touching but I'm hungry." said Choji and Naruto shouting. "RAMEN!" they again said in unison. Everyone laughed and began to follow the two gluttons. I walked next to Sasuke, holding his arm.

Jiraiya POV

Kikashi and my former teacher walked on either side of me as I followed behind my god-son and granddaughter. I noticed her take the arm of a young boy, smiling all the while. I felt a pang of guilt in my chest when I noticed the Uchiha Crest on his shirt. "That's Sasuke, huh?" I asked the men, who nodded in response. "He and Kiki-chan were engaged to be married but that was nullified when both families passed." said the third. "However, they seem to be quite taken with each other regardless." he continued. The three of us looked on, as the sun shined on her smiling face as she looked up at the young man. "She looks likes her." I said seeing her golden eyes. "She is a good combination of her mother and grandmother, you're right about that." said the third. Everything seemed to move in slow motion as the young Uchiha bent down and whispered something in her ear causing her to blush and smile shyly. For some reason I felt angry and protective of her. Yes she is my granddaughter but do I really have the right? Kakashi spoke as if he were reading my mind.