Chapter 20

R. L. STINE

I jumped down the last few steps of the plane as it landed on the Delaware International Airport. I rushed throught the different sections of the airport, squeezing my way past the large crowd that is beginning to form around me.

I didn't dare say 'excuse me'. I didn't bother to look who or what my bag constantly keeps hitting. All I needed to do was get my hands on that typewriter.

"To Madison."I ordered as I stepped into the backseat of a taxi cab, which seemed like it was waiting for me. the driver nodded and started the engine. He began to drive around the streets of Delaware to Madison, where I lived. "Where in Madison, sir?"The driver asked.

"The High School."I blankly stated. "School's closed, sir. It's a Sunday."He said. I glared at him through the mirror. "Why do you care?"I asked. "It's not like I know you."I spat.

"It's for safety, sir. I am required to have knowledge of a passenger's whereabouts."He said.

"Fine fine."I rolled my eyes. "I need to go get something there. I'm an English teacher."I added. It's not completely a lie—maybe just a bit because I'm not really a permanent teacher there, just a substitute because the real one is at the hospital.

"Okay."He blankly replied. The rest of the car ride was awkwardly silent; he kept glancing at me through the mirror.

He stopped the car when we arrived in front of the high school. I gave him his money and walked through the doors of the high school, which were—unexpectedly—unlocked.

I walked down the hallways and walked to huge glass trophy case, where the typewriter was displayed.

Wait, no, scratch that. Where the typewriter was supposed to be displayed.

"No, no, no, no, no..."I muttered. "Where is it?"I hissed, blinking my eyes several times to make sure that the typewriter really wasn't there.

"Stine, Stine, Stine."Slappy's voice cackled through the sound system. I cursed silently, gritting my teeth and clenching my fists in anger.

"I can't believe you fell into my trap."