Chapter 16

CHAMP

"Taylor?!"I screamed. She was crying, I could tell. She was sobbing. "Ch-Champ...help me,"She choked, tears probably falling from her eyes. "I-I was lost...I didn't have a choice but to leave! I wasn't safe there; I shouldn't have left! You know I still love you, Champ. I still do!"

I wish I could be with her now...I haven't really...completely moved on from her.

"Where are you?"I asked. Taylor just sobbed, screaming, panicking. I felt tears sting my eyes—hearing her cry and scream for help was too much pain for me. It hurts. The pain in her voice was slowly killing me from the inside to the outside. It was heartbreaking and was crushing every ounce of strength I have in me.

"Taylor! Where are you?"I repeated. She just kept screaming and screaming. Tears flowed freely from my eyes. I can't handle it anymore. I fell down to my knees, my cheeks stained with tears. Be strong, Champ. Be strong for Taylor.

"Hi, uh, Taylor?"Zach saw that I couldn't handle it anymore. He took the phone from me right away and let me calm down. Taylor still sobbed. "Yeah?"She said. Zach sighed in relief. "Okay, okay, don't panic, alright? Where are you? How did you get there?"He asked. I sat on the couch and let him do all the talking. I wiped the tears away from my eyes and listened.

"I-I was heading to the port...I wanted to run away to the next island.  I rode a taxi...a-a-and I WAS BROUGHT HERE! I SCREAMED FOR HELP BUT NO ONE LISTENED!"She screamed. Zach shushed her. "Shh, Taylor...don't panic. Are you with Hannah?"He asked. "Yes,"Taylor answered right away. It was followed by loud screaming--obviously Taylor.

"Zach Cooper, long time no see."I felt anger rush through my veins as Slappy spoke. Zach's grip on the phone tightened, his other fist clenching. "What do you want, Slappy?"Zach spat.

"I'll tell you where we are now. The abandoned house in 2122 Pine Street, Melbourne. Just Stine, Champ, and you. Bring the typewriter."He ordered. Zach raised an eyebrow. "And if we don't go?"

I flinched, hearing the loud bang of a gun.

"Then Hannah will die too."