Chapter 15

CHAMP

I'm so happy that Zach brought me to the mall. Even if his intention of bringing me there was to make me move on from Taylor—and for food—and just be back to my normal self, bringing me to the mall actually realized something.

In life, you lose things and get things. Stop whining over one loss, move on so that you can rejoice over another.

"What's with the smile, Champ?"Zach had a grin in his face—a huge one. He leaned against the door frame of my room, his arms crossed over his chest. I can't help but smile...I took a pillow from my bed and buried my face in it to hide the blush on my face.

"I'M IN LOVE!!!"I threw the pillow and revealed my extremely happy face.

I was surprised to hear a loud thud on the floor. I flinched and looked down; apparently, I threw the pillow hard enough that when it hit Zach, the impact caused him to lose his balance and fall.

I put a serious look on my face. Zach was still down, and I facepalmed myself. He groaned in pain and sat up, throwing the pillow back at me. It hit my face, but it didn't make me fall from the bed.

"I'm glad to hear that, Champ, but next time, maybe not throw a pillow so hard on my face."I just laughed in reply to what he said,and Zach joined in too.

"Mr. Cooper?"The doorbell rang. Zach and I immediately stopped laughing and walked to the door. He opened it wide, seeing the chief of the police who are searching for Hannah standing by the door.

"Yeah?"Zach replied. He had a hopeful look on his face. Hannah might comw home.

"Sir, we have found your wife's exact location."Zach had a smile on his face. He sighed in relief.

"But sir, there's phone call for you too."The chief handed Zach a phone. Zach took it and put it on speaker mode. He glanced at me before answering it, and I nodded. "Hello?"He spoke.

"Help me! Please!"

Zach furrowed his eyebrows. I took a step back. And another step back. The voice was the same, but it could be another person. But by the look on Zach's face, I think it's confirmed.

Taylor's in trouble.

***

Long time no update, guys! Really sorry for it—I have tons of assignments and projects this year. My research teacher wanted me and the whole class to make a solar lamp post/phone charger and a motion sensor earthquake bell(no electricity included, just motion) for this year, and I'm one of the people he entrusts the tech stuff to(I shouldn't have mentioned to everyone in the class that I do a bit of computer programming and computer stuff).

But then, I've updated now, thanks for waiting! It's been so long...I'm happy I already updated.