Chapter 9

HANNAH

It feels so weird that I am craving oranges now.

I know that pregnant ladies usually crave weird food, but oranges? Seriously?!

And not just oranges. I crave for oranges dipped in chocolate. Like strawberries with chocolate syrup, except that it's oranges. Not strawberries.

"Hey! Psst!"I hissed at the tough guy standing by my jail cell. He turned to look at me and I tried very hard not to faint.

He had a huge scar across his face. His left cheek was burned and I could see bits of his skull popping out. It took me every ounce of my strength to refrain from puking my guts out.

"What?"He growled, glaring at me. His eyes were two different colors—one was very very very gold, and the other...was black. Obsidian black.

Like the stone in Minecraft. That kind of color.

"I'm hungry."I gathered up all my courage and replied. He scowled. "Boss didn't say anything about eating privileges, but I think it would be okay since he doesn't want you hurt."The man walked away, probably gonna get me some food. I leaned on the cell's concrete wall and stared at my reflection at the mirror in front of me.

My cell was pretty sweet, but I still miss home. It looked like a mini-apartment; one bed, a dresser, small television and a small bathroom. But no windows. Ugh. Slappy's way too smart to be a dummy.

I placed my hand on my stomach. I was about a month into my pregnancy,and it's a really tough one. I just hope that my baby's gonna be healthy. I sighed.

"I know you can't hear me yet...but no matter what, you just stay strong in there...okay? This is your mommy...and your daddy's gonna be here soon to come and get us. Just wanted you to know that, no matter what happens, your daddy and I love you very much...and mommy and daddy are always gonna be there for you."I whispered, staring down at ny stomach.

I just hope Zach will be here soon.