Chapter 13

HANNAH

I seriously lost track of how long I've been away from Zach. It feels like days...well, it's been days, I'm sure of that, maybe more like a week or so.

I turned on the bed and faced the concrete ceiling again. Why can't everyone just leave us alone? Why can't Zach and I live in peace? What about our child? I do hope that our baby will get the chance to live in peace. No Slappy, no monsters, no invisible dudes running around.

No poisoned milk and dry cookies.

I sighed. My cell was still surrounded by monsters—there's no way I can get out anytime soon.

"Please! No!"

I sat straight up. That voice was very familiar...I'm certain that I've heard it before.

"PLEASE!"The voice begged, and I can hear footsteps getting closer. I lay back down in bed, pretending to be asleep. The men outside walked to the cell across and opened the metal door.

"No! No! NO! I can't stay here! I have to go home!"The voice was female, I can just tell. I could hear sobs and loud cries as the metal door closed. Luckily, it was like the ones in normal prisons, so I could see whoever is at the cell right across me. When the men went back to their positions, I walked closer to my door and tried to peek at the girl. She had blonde hair...that's all I could see.

The girl looked up. "Can you help me?"She begged, walking closer to her door, stepping into the light. I gasped.

"Taylor?! Is that you?"I asked,my voice filled with hope. If she's here, it means that Champ will follow sooner, and of course my dad and...Zach.

"H-Hannah?"Taylor stuttered. I could see a hopeful smile on her face too. "We've been looking for you for days! You just...disappeared!"

"Where are they? Dad? Champ? Zach?"I asked. "I don't know...but they're here in Rio. With the police."

I have hope. I can go back home.