Chapter Eleven

~April 12, 2016~

"Aaaaggghhhhhh!"

Pain. Nothing but unbearable pain assaulted his body as he struggled against the men who held him down. 

"I got it now keep him steady!" Louise ordered as she straddled him. 

His veins were black, his eyes silver almost white, and his nails and teeth were sharp. They were in an abandoned barn, the men holding Colt down in a stable whilst Valleri was in another stable being guarded by a woman named Dakota. Colt has been asleep for one day and in that one day the injection had worn off, now he needed a new one. It'd been wearing off before when he'd protected Valleri, but now it was almost completely gone.

"Aaaarrrrgggghhhh!" As he screamed, his cries slowly morphed into roars.

He needs to get to her. Needed to make sure she was okay. He'd promised. 

"Let me go!" He roared-his voice guttural as he fought hard-his hips bucking to knock Louise off.

She chuckled. "Buy me dinner first, big boy." She stabbed the needle into his chest, the liquid rushing into his body. 

He gasped, fire and ice mixing in his veins as he wheezed and groaned in pain. His back bowed and he roared, the sound slowly morphing into a fading cry.

The men that held him, Bryan and Spencer, slowly let him go, as he calmed, but Louise remained where she was, her arms crossed and a sly smile on her face. 

"So, you took that deal with the doc after all? I thought you were supposed to bring one of us back as a test subject if we got 'compromised'."

Colt glowered up at her and pushed her off, ignoring her completely. He needed to make sure Valleri was okay. He'd woken up fighting in this stable so he didn't get the chance. Now he had one.

Louise followed him as he stormed out the stable and into the one next to his. Valleri lay on a pile of hay, her chest rising and falling with each intake and outtake of breath. Her arm was in a sling, her shoulder bandaged and some of her stitching looked like it was redone.

"Some of her stitching came loose so I fixed it up and fed her. She sustained a dislocated shoulder, but she'll be fine." Dakota informed. Colt nodded and shot her a thankful look before kneeling down before Valleri. He studied her closely, making sure Dakota missed nothing. When he saw that she didn't he stood and left the stable, heading for the entrance of the barn.

"I need some fresh air."

Once outside he moved to the side of the barn and sucked in a deep breath. He eventually calmed entirely, enjoying the calm night. His moment was ruined however when Louise's scent followed. 

"Go away."

She cocked a brow and wrapped her arms around his neck. 

"Now, is that any way to treat a lover?" She said in a sultry tone.

Colt frowned down at her. "A quickie doesn't make you a lover." 

Besides, he didn't want her. Before he would've wrapped her legs around his waist and fucked her against the barn, but now? All he wanted to do was lay next to Valleri and have her wake up to him slowly trailing kisses over her neck.

There was a fine line between a lover and a quickie. A lover is more intimate. No, you aren't making love, nor do the two have to love each other unconditionally, they are like two people who want sex and give it to each other but their movements are intimate, they take in mind what their partner wants, they know their partner's body and it's reactions better than anybody else.