Chapter Six

~April 8, 2016~

That's a lot of guns.

Oh shit she's handing me one.

What do I do?

Say thank you?

What do you say when someone gives you a gun?

A really big gun holy shit.

Oh my God I don't think I can lift this.

Oh great now she's looking at me weird.

Annnddd she took the big gun.

Oh now this is better. Still heavy but I can at least lift it.

Valleri stared down at the handgun, her thoughts racing.

Where do I shoot them?

I shot one before and she was still moving so obviously I don't know where to hit them.

The woman, named Louise, rolled her eyes. "Hey kid..." 

She snapped her fingers in Valleri's face, drawing her attention. 

"Y-Yes?..." 

She pressed her finger against Valleri's head. "Shoot here..." She then pressed said finger against Valiant's chest, right above her heart. "Or here. Got it?" 

Valleri nodded. "Y-Yes ma'am."

"Good. We need you to defend yourself if you're gonna make it to the refuge, cause I sure ass hell won't. Now come on stand up." She said blandly.

Valleri nodded and stood. Louise put a gun holster on her hip and then put her gun in it. She then but a sheath on her back and slid a silver machete inside. 

"Your gun is full of silver bullets and your machete is silver. Right now, silver is your best friend."

She then grabbed her hands and put leather, biker gloves on them. The knuckle area of the gloves had small silver spikes on them. The gloves looked hand made.

Valleri thought of what she just said and snorted. "What are they? Werewolves?"

Louise merely rolled her eyes. "Now take off your boots and put these on."

"You didn't say no..."

She shoved silver toed, combat boots into Valiant's chest, almost knocking her over before walking away. Valiant ignored the woman's actions, for she was too busy putting the boots on. "OMG! Are we fighting werewolves?!" 

Louise looked at Valleri like she was na idiot. "Did you just say 'OMG'." She rolled her eyes and left from Valleri's sight. 

She didn't care how anyone treated her at the moment. She just wanted to live. The desire to take everything off and put it on again bombarded her, but she surprisingly ignored that. She didn't have a second to waste on things that wouldn't keep her alive.

I can't believe we're surviving against werewolves... 

When done she picked up the rope that was tied to Tank's collar and looked to everyone else in the living room as she slung her backpack over her shoulder, inside it was the hoodie, her inhaler, water, and food. The others were all dressed in military grade combat gear, their armor looking to be laced with silver. They had black and green military paint all over their faces and ammo and weapons strapped to their bodies.

They looked menacing.

Like a force to be reckoned with. 

Veronica approached Valiant, a rope in her hand. At the ends of the rope were hooks with latches on them. "I'm going to hook you up to me to keep you close. Getting you to safety is our top priority right now. Okay? Also they're not necessarily werewolves.. But close enough."