Chapter Four

He shook his head, as Sergeant Veronica McCoy carried the girl into the cabin they were staked out at. This was a bad idea and he knew it. Having this kid here would only slow them down and with what was happening around them, they couldn't afford to be hindered in anyway.

"This is fucking stupid." Louise growled, speaking Colts mind. He grunted in agreement, sitting down at the table, across from Louise and beside Victor, Veronica's twin. Victor rolled his eyes, but said nothing.

Neither did Veronica as she carried the girl to one of the Cabin rooms, her stupid mutt close behind. The cabin was small, containing only one bedroom and one bathroom, a kitchen, and living room. The boys slept on the living room floor and the girls in the bedroom. It was crowded seeing as there were four people all together. Colt glowered. Five now. Yeah, five people and a fucking dog.

Veronica walked into the kitchen, glaring at the two complainers.

"Complain one more time and I'll feed you to the Howlers." Louise rolled her eyes and stood. She didn't come close to being the same height as Veronica. She was the shortest in the group, but she was the meanest.

"You had no business bringing that little brat here Veronica." Louise glared pointing down the hall to the room as she spoke. "That girl will only hinder us from completing our mission."

Veronica scoffed. "In case you or your fuck buddy have forgotten our mission is to search and rescue. That's why I'm here. I don't know what little mission you have, but so long as you're under my charge, you will obey me and stick to the mission." 

She looked to Colt. "Go look at her wounds and see what you can do." For a minute Colt didn't move. It wasn't until he heard Victor cock his gun behind him that the 6'6 man stood and walked out the kitchen.

---------------

Colt studied the kids arm and let out a low whistle. 

"Damn." She must have been in a shit ton of pain. Her bicep was severely bruised, the bruise was shaped like a woman's hand, and were black and purple, with yellow tints, and he could almost guarantee that her humerus bone was bruised as well.

Colt cocked his head and his eyes trailed down her arm to the various cuts she had. Some containing pieces of the jeep's windshield. He looked to her shirt and saw bloodstains and sighed. Please don't wake up. He didn't need some teen waking up and shouting rape.

Colt reached into his bag and took out some scissors. When he moved to cut her shirt open, the mutt that lay beside her growled, laying his head on the girl's stomach, his teeth bared. Colt slowly pulled his hands away.

"Victor!..." 

A minute later the Samoan man walked into the room accessing the situation. He cocked a brow.

"I can't work with this thing growling at me." He snapped, motioning to the German Shepard.

Victor rolled his eyes, and as he picked the dog up Colt heard him mutter "Cry baby."

Colt glared at the man as he left, Victor shutting the door behind him. He sighed and went back to what he was doing.

----------------

Why is my chest cold?

Why do I feel like someone is touching me?...

Her eyes shot open and she let out a soft gasp, when she saw that her shirt and bra had been cut in half and some strange man was touching her. He looked to be in his late twenties, maybe early thirties, with an underlip goatee and thin friendly mutton chops, short, spiked ginger hair, blue eyes, high cheekbones, and a scar above his brow, across the bridge of his nose, and on his cheek. His skin was pale, riddled with ginger freckles and he was dressed in a long-sleeved, navy green shirt (the sleeves pulled up), black gloves, camouflage pants, and had dog tags draped around his neck. His brows were furrowed in concentration and sweat beaded at his forehead. Another aspect about him, that made him so intimidating, was the fact he was fucking huge. His shirt straining against his massive muscles.

A scream lodge in Valleri's throat, as she shot up and scooted away from the perv. The man quickly grabbed her leg and pulled her back.

Valleri screamed and clawed at the asshole. "Let me go! Let me go!"

"Would you stop!" His accented voice shouted as he pinned her down, holding her hips to the bed as he stood over her. "You'll open your stitches and make your other wounds worse dumb-ass!"

Valleri paused and looked up at him, then resumed screaming. The man growled and shouted a woman's name. Moments later the female-who'd helped Valleri-barged into the room and stopped short.

"What the hell?"

The Irishman glowered at her. "Help me out here Serge."

The woman nodded and strode over to them. She looked down at Valleri and slapped her in the face. Valleri's head whipped to the side, as she shut up immediately. She slowly looked at the female.

The woman sighed. "Sorry for that, shock often times halts one. Please, let him finish tending to your wounds. Okay?"

Valleri blinked up at the woman and nodded, her cheek stinging.

She smiled and walked away, shutting the room door as she left.

The man slowly released Valleri and went back to whatever he was doing. She felt a sharp pain and whimpered, her abdomen tightening. 

The man shook his head and flicked her stomach. "Don't do that, it will cause the glass in your stomach to cut deeper."

She nodded and forced herself to relax her muscles. 

The man sighed and the returned to picking the glass out of her stomach. 

--------------

"What's your name?"

Colt looked up at the kid's pain ridden face as he stitched up the last wound. It was literally under her left breast. A glass piece had somehow found its way there and if it weren't for the blood, Colt would have missed it. The moment had been awkward as he'd pushed her breast up, the mound molding perfectly in his palm. She'd shuddered and closed her eyes but now they were open and watching him closely as he retracted his hand. He began to put his medical equipment away. Which consisted of alcohol, a needle, and thread.

"Fine, ignore me." She huffed.

Fine by me.

"You know I could have held my boob up myself."

"I didn't want to risk you moving it wrong and causing the glass to move and go in deeper. I saw someone get stabbed in the lung because of that." He said calmly.

"Oh so you do speak? Here I was thinking you forgot how to."

Colt rolled his eyes.

"Ya know, since you don't want to tell me your name I'll name you myself."

Yay...

"Anything to shut you up."

The kid huffed. "Don't have to be so rude...chienne"

Colt froze and slowly looked at her with a murderous glare. "Did you just call me a bitch?" He growled.

She smirked. "Oh so you speak French. Good to know....chienne. The name's Valleri by the way."

Colt shook his head and finished up her stitches. He needed to finish this up or else he'll kill her.