20

Cam

When I woke up I looked around the house, just checking to see what it is they provided for us.

The house was nice, but the feeling of just sleeping safe and sound is foreign.

-

Em was in the kitchen, long t-shirt, messed up pony tail, searching the fridge for food.

"WELP, there're the old habits." I state 'welp' loudly, just to get the satisfaction of her getting scared. I chuckle, and she rolls her eyes.

"I'm hungry, and I just wanna stay in today. I'm not feeling so hot, my stomach is playing with my feelings." She leans against the counter, staring into the fridge as if food'll appear.

"If you don't feel good, go to the medical." "You gave them everything you got?" I asked, and she shrugged. "Honestly don't even remember... where's our bags?" She asks, and I shrug as well.

"Fucking amnesiacs." Nash says, scaring both of us. "Where you come from?" Em asks, and I roll my eyes.

"I, actually woke up early. And I ventured to the outside." He says with a toothless smile, and she rolls her eyes.

"Imma stay in this house till' I figure out what to do with my life." She says, hugging the both of us, going upstairs.

"Cameron c'mon, we got work to do." I tell him, nodding my head in the direction of the door.

We walk out as she walks up the stairs, and the sun ruins the coolness the house left me with.

-

Em

I close the door behind me and I slide against it, sitting on the floor. I breathe to myself silently for a couple seconds till' I just burst into tears.

I've been such an emotional wreck lately, and I hate it, yet it's just from that PTSD; the nightmares, the flashbacks, the memories, EVERYTHING. All those horrible moments just never seem to go away and I just keep on asking myself, 'why isn't it getting better?' Anxiety just kept me captive all this time and my feelings finally escaped, letting all these tears appear.

All the anxiety that hit me in this moment made me so afraid of what would happen if the door opened.

The depression didn't have such an affect but it's when the anxiety came in, it fucked everything up; it's like depression was obligated to bring anxiety to the party. But I was always the party, just a party I never wanted to be at.

No matter what it always comes in, I try to avoid it but it's stuck with me like glue on paper.

It doesn't matter if anyone knows... their comfort is only a temporary satisfaction. I wouldn't want to be "pity party, party of 1" anyway.

I got myself up and out of my thoughts, walking over all the scattered blankets and pillows, sitting at the bay window.

Looking outside, everyone walking and enjoying their day, and I'm here wondering if I'll see the next.

I see the guys going into a car; Hayes, Nash, Cameron, Taylor, and some girl I haven't been introduced to. But, Hayes gets out, and runs to the house.

'JUST GO WITH OUR FRIENDS YOU HOT FUCK!'

I roll my eyes, and go over to the door, locking it.

I quickly go into the bathroom, locking the door as well. I let the faucet run, taking cold water and splashing it on my face.

I look in the mirror and see that my eye are red as fuck; as if I just stopped smoking with Snoop himself.

I heard knocks on the bathroom door, and I jumped.

The door opened and I grabbed my knife from my holster, holding it up.

"Woah, Em chill. It's just me." Hayes holds his hands up, and I step up closer, holding the knife up to his neck.

I look into his eyes, seeing the sudden fear and confusion... I blink rapidly, shaking my head, seeing Kan's head appear on his shoulders.

I drop the knife, sitting down on the toilet, feeling the tears well up in my eyes as I look at Hayes.

"Come here." He kneels in front of me, his arms open. I wrap my arms around him, and I close my eyes, my tears still falling.

He wraps his arms around me, picking me up and leading me back into the bedroom.

He sits down on the bed, leaving me on top of his lap.

"What was going through your mind when you looked at me... I saw that look, you looked like you saw your worst enemy..."

"Just- Just- The..." I stop talking, wiping my tears away as more keep flooding in, trying to steady my breathing to actually speak.

Hayes rubs my back, putting his hand on the back of my neck, bringing my head down to kiss my forehead.

"Just take one deep breath, you're fine now, I got'chu. Talk when you're ready." He whispers, and I take his other hand into mine, squeezing it to let him know I was getting better.

I take a long deep breath, and close my eyes when I exhale, the last of my tears falling.

I thought back to that moment, and the memory comes back as if it happened yesterday.

"It was Kan... that day I hid in the bathroom and he found me... I was hiding from him... he broke down the bedroom door and I was so scared of what else he was gonna do." I began fiddling with my fingers no longer than halfway through the explanation.

"I'll never forget that day because it's the day I almost died cause of how bad he kept on hitting me. But it wasn't until I knocked his head into the bathtub and knocked him unconscious."

I lifted up the long t-shirt to reveal the multiple cuts I had; some needed stitches, already scarred and healed, others were as little as my nails.

"He had a knife on him, but his fists hurt the most. He fractured one of my ribs and my chest was hurting for weeks."

"Thinking back on that day, I just saw you as him, and I nearly killed you..." I finally looked up at him and his tears slowly slid down his cheeks. "I'm so sorry."

My eyes started welling back up with tears, and he held me close, letting me cry into his chest.

"You're fine Ems. You're back with us now. You're with me."

******************************

I'm Back Again 😭

I'm Sorry I Took So Long To Update 💔 I've Been Busy W Everything I've Got Going On 😴

Expect My Updates To Come Back On Track 😊 Hope You Enjoyed This Chapter, They'll Be More In The Next

Vote. Comment. Read On :)