6

°Play The Song Throughout The Chapter°
(Just to inform you, yes, I am obsessed with this song...)

Hayes

Returning, I carved it into the tree in front of me.

I held onto my knife, and I bite my lower lip.

"Damn." I said to myself, and got up. I put my knife in its holster, and slung my bag back on my back.

I went back to my place, locking the door behind me.

The winds blows against the house, and the wind sounded like a tornado could pass by any second.

I sat down by the bay window, and pulled my bag on top of my lap.

I closed the curtains, and opened up my bag, digging inside for my regular reminder.

I take the Polaroid picture of the whole gang out, along with all the others I have.

I stared at Skylynn and Kaden, and bit down hard on my lip.

I felt my eyes well up with tears, and I quickly blink, holding down the tears. I hold the picture of us tightly, and take a deep breath.

"Time to go." Putting there pictures back in the back, I gather all my things and take on the messy road, attempting yet another search for my family.

-

I find a store, and search the perimeter. 'Clear.'

I walk into the store, pistol aimed up in front of me and my bag strapped tightly to my back.

I knock on the door, enough to let me know who and what's inside; nothing.

I open up the door, and close it behind me, walking to the first thing that catches my eye.

The brightness of its color shines in the dark, making it even more mesmerizing. It's container tempts me, 'just take it,' without looking for anything else in the store; and the thought crossed my mind long enough for me to consider the idea, yet it fades, my mind realizing how ridiculous that would be.

'I mean, look at it; it's like nothing else in the world compares to its glory...'

I quickly go over, and pick up the bag of Doritos.

"This could possibly be the last bag of Doritos on Earth..." I said to myself, "I'll save it for later."

I stuffed it in my bag, and continued searching through the rest of the store.

-

I entered a room at the back; pitch black inside. The only light it had was when I first opened the door, and the outside light revealed the room was a mess. Plus a strong, foul odor...

My hand searched for a light switch, and the lightbulb buzzed on once I flipped up (the switch).

The light bulb's light, revealed the room held several corpses, each worse than the last.

I quickly exited the room, and exhaled frantically; I felt lightheaded and I nearly threw up due to the stench of it all. My breathing regulated and I stood myself back up properly, turning away from the room.