Chapter 6

The following weeks went by without notice and Minah started to really like Jeongguk more than she was supposed to which wasn't a good sign. She became close with her roommate, Hani, as well, waiting for her to get home every night to watch dramas together while gossiping about other hot idols and making coffee for each other in the morning. 

Minah was contemplating if she should tell Hani about her feelings for Jeongguk but she decided to wait for a little while longer. It could be just a phase and turn out that she only wants to be friends with him like most of the idol/stylist relationships evolve to be. Minah wants to talk to Hani about everything that goes on in her life because she sees a potential best friend in her but how well does Minah actually know her, given the fact that they met three weeks ago?

"Min?" Hani asked, entering her bedroom, "Wake up, pretty. We have to be ready in thirty minutes." She said softly, a smile plastered on her face.

"Mmm, five more minutes." Minah mumbled into her pillow with her blanket pulled over her shoulders.

"Come on, babe. We have that meeting to get to and we can't be late. Then you can come back and take a nap." She tried again and had not left until Minah was up and awake, ready to get dressed.

The first time Hani used cute nicknames on her,  she didn't know how to react. Especially when those nicknames were usually used by couples. Minah was confident in her sexuality. She liked boys and she knew that very well. It didn't bother her that Hani was calling her all those cute names, she responded to them to humor her even though it felt a bit weird until it grew on her. 

The first time Hani called her 'babe' in front of Jeongguk, the boy fisted his hand so hard that he could feel droplets of blood staining his nails. He knew Hani was getting into his head but he couldn't lose his self-control for something so stupid, so he tried to ignore it but the jealousy was creeping on him and he hated that he was powerless against Hani. She had the advantage of living with Minah and she was a girl which made things harder for him. Jeongguk just had to be patient but he didn't know how long it will take until he'll burst.

***

Jeongguk was finally off schedule ever since he finished his Meet and Greets last week. He was thinking of taking a vacation for a week before going back into the studio and deal with Yoongi, with whom he never met eyes ever since the elevator incident. It was safe to say that Jeongguk was scared of him. No other demon he'd met before had that much power in its hands. It bothered Jeongguk how he escaped Hell so easily and was allowed back on Earth just as easily after being outcasted by Seol, the king of Hell himself. 

To Minah:

Wanna accompany me to the mall for some shopping? I kinda need your advice.

He quickly texted her, praying she'd say yes, so he could finally get some free time with her where Hani wasn't gonna be around, breathing into his nape every five seconds to listen on their conversations. He just wanted some time to seduce her into sleeping with him. Was that too much to ask for? 

From  Minah:

I don't know. I gotta check with Hani first. She wants me to help her with something.

Annoyance filled him as he read the text. Why is she so close to that evil bitch? I thought she is my stylist, not hers. Jeongguk huffed, clearly mad that Minah had to ask for her permission to go out. He got up from the couch, walking back and forth while waiting for her text. Damn, she actually got me waiting for her answer. I hate human emotions. He hissed, throwing himself back on the couch and playing with his phone case.

It's been several hours and she still hasn't replied, leaving Jeongguk fuming as he switched through the tv's channels pointlessly. The thought of calling Taehyung and maybe ask him for some advice came to mind but he dismissed it quickly when he realized his hyung wasn't doing so well in his love life to give advice. The buzzing of the phone made Jeongguk jump as he fumbled to get the phone and read the notification which he hoped it was from her.