Chapter 5

Jeongguk went backstage; the girls screaming his name and begging him to come back to perform again but he just waved back with a smile on his face.

Minah was half asleep on the couch in the waiting room, trying her best to stay awake but it was hard after a long day of promoting. She was thankful that this was his last for the day because she was exhausted and just wanted to lie down on her bed and sleep for the next twelve hours or so. She couldn't, of course, because the next day she had to do the same thing all over again.

Taehyung and Jimin were right behind the maknae, panting and reaching for the water bottles as Jeongguk went to shake Minah awake. Next to her stood Hoseok, looking a bit too tired for a restless demon. Jeongguk frowned at his behavior before he took the other's hand to drag him in a nearby empty room.

"Is there something wrong?" Jeongguk asked, wiping his sweat with a towel.

"Remember when I told you about that outcasted demon?" Hoseok asked and continued when the younger nodded confused, "He's back. And he's your new producer." Hoseok sighed, pinching the bridge of his nose.

"Alright. So?" Jeongguk shrugged. He didn't know what the big deal was about it. He was just another demon, after all.

"So?! Jeongguk, Yoongi is bad news. Be careful around him and don't let him get into your head." The older placed his hand on the maknae's shoulder, squeezing lightly.

"Yeah, yeah, yeah. He won't." Jeongguk shrugged him off with a wave and went back to the waiting room to change his outfit.

The ride back to the dorms was silent and the only thing the maknae did was looking at the sleeping figure next to him who had her head on his shoulder, slightly curling into his body for more warmth.

Jeongguk chuckled at the sight of a cute Minah and placed a hand on hers, heating up her body. Who needs a blanket when you have Jeongguk's powers? Once the van stopped in front of the building, he shook her gently, watching as she looked around a little lost before straightening on her seat.

"We're here. Come on." He stretched to slide open the door as Minah yawned, moving to get out of the car.

"Sorry for falling asleep like that. I must've made you uncomfortable." She smiled shyly once they were inside the elevator.

"It's okay. I'm used to it. I have Taehyung, my human koala, so no worries." He chuckled. "So how was your first day? Are you going to leave me, now?" He pouted, making her giggle.

"No, I won't leave you. It was tiring just like I was expecting it to be. But it was okay." She nodded as the doors opened and they both made their way down the hall.

"Good." He smiled at her, looking away once they got in front of their doors.

"See you tomorrow. Goodnight." She waved in the middle of a yawn.

"Goodnight, Minah-shi." He said, unlocking his door after she was already inside.

It was already past midnight when she closed the door and it took her by surprise to see that her living room was filled with foreign boxes. She knew her apartment had two bedrooms but she wasn't expecting anyone to move in with her so soon.

Sadly, her new roommate wasn't there to meet them. She wanted to introduce herself properly and at least know if it was going to be a girl or a boy with whom she'll be living but she couldn't afford to stay awake to wait for the person to come back. She had work early in the morning and she needed the rest.

Minah shuffled to the bathroom to take a quick shower and went straight to bed after setting her alarm.

***