Chapter 14 - The First Kiss Is Always The Most Fake, Right?

Start from the beginning

I took the dress that Gonzalez was holding and went to the bathroom to try it on. It looked pretty nice paired with some nude heals and maybe some gold accessories. I walked out to get their opinions.

"Damn girl," Beckett said getting up from the bed. Becca and I guffawed.

"Please, don't ever say that again," Becca said in between laughs.

"You look gorgeous," Gonzalez commented.

"She looks hot," Becca said looking me up and down. " Now, time for hair and makeup!"

Becca put my hair up into a formal messy bun and kept my makeup as natural as possible. The dress was paired with nude heels and a gold charm bracelet.

"You better go downstairs, Hunter's waiting for you," Beckett said.

"What about the mess?" I asked looking around the room seeing clothes thrown around everywhere.

"Don't worry about it, we'll clean up," Becca smiled. "You just go and have fun."

"You guys are life savers," I sighed grabbing my purse and phone then heading out the bedroom door.

"We know!' Gonzalez yelled after me. "Just go and have some fun."

"I will!"

"And use protection!" Beckett added.

I rolled my eyes and walked down the stairs to the main hall where I saw Hunter waiting for me wearing a navy blue tuxedo leaning against the wall with his arms crossed. He was frowning and looked impatient. Once he heard the sound of my heels clicking down the marble stairs, he turned around and his eyes widened. A large smile appeared on his face and I smiled back.

We continued to smile at each other as I reached the bottom step.

"Hey," I said.

"Hey," he answered breathlessly as his arm wrapped around my waist. "You look lovely tonight."

I felt my cheeks warm up just a little bit. "Thanks."

"We should head out if we don't want to be late."

I nodded in agreement and we walked out to the limo.

As Bill was driving, Hunter rolled up the window between him and us.

"So, what's the occasion?" I asked.

Hunter raised his eyebrow at me and tilted his head. "What do you mean? Do I need a reason to take out?"

"Well no, but-"

"While we're dating I want to take you to places, to experience things."

"Have you already forgotten about the contract? The one that states that we're not really a couple?" I had to remind him, not because I wanted to, but because the clearer the lines remain the better. Because I knew how all of this would end, with broken hearts.

Hunter sighed and nodded. I could tell that he was thinking the same thing, but I didn't know if I was relieved or disappointed.

Hunter checked his phone then took something out of his pocket. It seemed to be a blue box. "I wanted to give this to you earlier but didn't know if it was the right time." He handed me the box, "open it."

Slowly, I opened the box and it revealed a beautiful golden necklace with a heart shaped diamond pendant attached. I looked at Hunter who seemed anxious.

"Do you like it?"

"I-I love it, but Hunter I can't possibly accept this." I tried giving his the necklace back but he refused.