Chapter 22

Noah had taken the initiative and called the ambulance whilst Drake and his mother worked on calming her down and avoiding her loosing anymore blood than she already had done.

Drake: Calm down for me baby, we don't want to add anymore stress

Nicki: I'm trying

She said through her cries. He picked her up and moved her from the floor to the car so she was in a more comfortable place. He then began taking deep breaths and tried to get her to mirror him. He took her hand into his and she held onto his tightly.

Drake: You're gonna be fine, You're both gonna be fine.

He kissed her temple and ran her hand through her hair as they waited. After 10 minutes of waiting they were finally joined by a group of paramedics rushing to their side. By this point Nicki was already very weak and it only got worse as they traveled back to the hospital.

Dr: How far along is she?

He asked as they wheeled her to an operating room.

Drake: 36 weeks

Dr: Okay, we're going to have to give her an emergency c-section because both her and the baby are in danger and if we don't you'll most likely lose one of them.

Drake just nodded and followed suit as they lead him to get changed before taking him to the operating room where he watched as they operated on her and brought his son into the world.

A small smile made its way onto his face when he heard the very vocal cries of his son. He took the honor of cutting the umbilical cord and once he was cleaned up, he was blessed with the first hold.

To say he was beautiful would be an understatement. He was gorgeous. And what upset him the most was they fact that Nicki couldn't even see him, due to her currently being unconscious. Drake wiped away the one tear that slid down before placing a gentle kiss on his son's temple...

Drake sat in the waiting room just waiting along with everyone else to hear more about Nicki's state. She had been taken into the Intensive Care Unit and was currently not allowed any visitors. They had managed to stabilize her and hopefully within a few hours she would be awake. The baby had also been taken into ICU, not because he needed to but just for the sake of his own safety due to the situation of his mother and the difficulties she was facing.

Nurse: Mr. Graham?

They all looked up and into her direction, before drake stood up and moved a bit closer.

Nurse: If you'd like to come with me, we're just getting your son situated into one of the rooms and Miss Maraj will be brought along soon

He walked with the nurse as she lead him to the room where he saw one of the other nurses wheeling the incubator in. He smiled as the warm feeling of finally being with his son hit him again. It had been such a long day for him, but this had made him forget all about that.

He watched as the incubator was put towards the side of the room and only moment later Nicki was also wheeled in on a bed. She looked so peaceful as her hair sprawled out on the pillow slightly. Her arms rested by her side with multiple tubes connected as her chest gently rose and fell. They positioned her bed and the doctor informed him that she should be waking up soon.

He gently ran his hand through her hair and kissed her temple. He walked over to the incubator and just observed the sleep child. He smiled before running his thumb gently along his cheek. He then walked over to the bag Noah had made for him and decided to get changed into some more comfortable clothes.

Once he was dressed he decided to go and let everyone else know that they were both okay and that they should be able to come and see them soon.

Drake: yeah she's fine. She breathing on her own which is already and improvement.

Sandi: how about the baby? How is the baby?

Carol: yeah is he alright?

Drake: the baby is fine. He's beautiful

Drake gave a smile which caused everyone else to smile and give a sigh of relief.

Drake: I'll let you know when she's awake so you can all come and see him.

They all agreed and drake returned to the room where he found Nicki's eyes gently fluttering open. He smiled at the sight and moved the chair to take a seat by her side. He took her hand into his and kissed it as she slowly turned her head to face him. Her lips curled up into a small smile as she took long and slows breaths.

Drake: I don't think you understand just how amazing you are

She tried to chuckle but it only leaded to her face twisting in pain.

Drake: take it easy baby girl. How are you feeling?

Nicki: exhausted. I feel so drained.

Drake: I can only imagine.

He kissed her hand again.

Drake: do you want to sit up?

She gave him a small nod and he helped her to get her bed to a comfortable sitting up position. She uttered a small 'thank you' and he kissed her temple before walking over to the incubator. He picked up him up and smiled at the fact he was wide awake. He kissed his temple before walking back over to Nicki. She smiled at the sight as the tears brimmed her eyes.

Drake: You wanna hold him

She nodded and he helped her to get situated with her son in her arm. After finally getting a proper look at him she couldn't stop her tears from falling.

Nicki: he's so beautiful

Drake: isn't he just.

Drake smiled at the sight of both of them. He made sure to get a snap of them both before he finally asked her the question that many would be waiting to hear.

Drake: had you thought of any names yet?

She shook her head and diverted her attention to him for a moment. She sniffled a little and he wiped away her tears.

Nicki: had you?

Drake waited for a moment as he thought. It was then he remembered the dream he had had the night before and the name that now held a dear place in his heart.

Drake: Maliki. It came up in a dream I had last night and it's really stuck with me

Nicki: Maliki. I love it. I remember you wanting his middle name to be Isaiah. Maliki Isaiah Graham

She looked back down at the small bundle in her arms.

Nicki: a beautiful name for a beautiful boy

Drake: couldn't agree with you more

He then stood and stretched before walking over to the door.

Drake: I'm gonna go and get our mother because I'm sure they can't wait to see him

Nicki: I'm sure they can't

She smiled again and he winked at her before he walked back to the waiting room to enlighten everyone on the now very good news of the people who were now his world.

It had been a long day for everyone but at this point drake couldn't ask for a better day...

----------------------------

Vote. Comment. Etc...

Much Appreciated

_PaintedPyramids X