Chapter 5

Nicki just sat in her office smiling to herself as she read through her case. She couldn't stop herself from thinking about the date she had had with Drake a couple of days ago. She would be seeing him again in a couple of hours as he had asked her out for a second date and she wasn't one to refuse, especially after the first one.

-

Carlos: I haven't seen you since you asked her out, what happened.

Drake: nothing crazy, I took her out to dinner at what happened to be her favourite restaurant and we talked

He paused for second as he remapped their night with a small smile.

Carlos: that's it

Drake: let me finish. Like I was saying we talked and took the time to get to know each other you know. I told her a bit about me and my family and she reciprocated. After dinner we went to the lake that was just across from the restaurant and we went for a walk and continued our conversations, but it was cold so I took her home And walked her to her doorstep... And we kissed.

Carlos: you didn't

Drake smirked and dapped Carlos who just playfully punched him.

Carlos: when are you taking her out again then

Drake: today

He looked at his Rolex.

Drake: in a couple of hours actually

Carlos: I figured she'd find something to do with her day as we're only working till 1 today. So where you taking her...

-

Nicki had just finished getting dressed and was in a pale blue and white summer dress with some black gladiators and a few accessories. She kept her makeup light and put her hair into a french plait before finishing her look with a hat. She smiled before picking up her phone and making her way downstairs to where she arrived as the door bell rang. She answered and found him stood with one hand in his pocket and the other holding a rose.

Nicki: Hey

Drake: Hey beautiful

She blushed slightly at his comment and watched he walked in gave her the rose before placing a kiss on her cheek. She smiled and looked down causing him to chuckle.

Drake: you ready to go

Nicki: Yeah

-

Nicki and drake walked by the lake hand in hand as they just spoke to each other.

Nicki: so who were the guys that you were with on the first day I met you

Drake: they were just my boys you know, they've been there for me since I was fairly young and they're like brothers to me

Nicki: can I ask you a question

Drake: sure

Nicki: are they the reason that you're now in the situation that you are

They stopped walking and she looked up at him as he looked out across the lake. She could tell he didn't really want to share what had happened but she was curious. In the tine she had taken to get to know him she had figured that he wasn't responsible for what he was being charged for. She placed her hand on his cheek and forced him to look her in the eyes.

Nicki: it's okay, I'm not going to think any less of them because of the situation. I'm here to help on your side rather than make it worse for you, but I can't do that unless you give me the full story.

He looked at her and clenched his jaw before speaking.

Drake: it's a long story and u
I promise I'll explain it all to you at some point but for now what I will tell you is that I was looking out for them. What will happen to me is not even a tenth of what would happen to one of them

Nicki: it's okay, I understand

Drake: it's just very complicated, please don't let that put you off me beca-

Nicki: it's okay, I said I understand

He leaned down and let his lips attach with hers. She gladly accepted and they engaged in a sensual kiss before nicki felt small hands on her legs. She pulled away and looked to find the twins by her legs.

Nicki: Hey trouble one and trouble two

She bent down to their level and gave them a hug and a kiss on the cheek. Drake looked around trying to find the source of the kids seeing as the little kids looked like someone he knew. He smirked once he saw Carlos walking over with his wife by his side.

Carlos: isn't it a surprise to see you two here, especially together

Nicki just kissed her teeth as she played with Romeo's mane of curls while he rested against her leg.

Drake: what can I say,

He scratched the back of his neck before he going down to Romeo and Ravellas height.

Drake: and who are you two little cute beings

Nicki: this is Romeo and Ravella

Drake: beautiful names for too beautiful babies

Everyone chuckled as they both blushed. Nicki then turned to Milan and gave her a hug.

Nicki: how are you

Milan: I'm good, I haven't seen you in forever. I miss you

Nicki:I know, I've just been so busy with work recently and I'm just about keeping up

Milan: yeah Carlos said, we should organise something soon, maybe a double date

She smirked, now referring to Drake and Nicki just chuckled.

Nicki: I'm sure that can be arranged

They all chuckled again.

-

Nicki sat on Drake lap as they looked at the lake in front of them. The sun had just set and they were now being lit by the glimmer of the moonlight. Drake looked into her eye as she put her hands on his stubble. She leaned down and let her lips attach with his for a moment before pulling away again. He wrapped his arms around her waist and just watched as she rested her head on his shoulder.

They had spent the most part of their day together and had even enjoyed a picnic in the sunset. Both of them knew that they were gonna catch feelings from the strong bind they already had,

-------------------------------

Thanks for all the comments and votes, we appreciate all of them and we will continue to do more of what you ask. Keep up the comments and let us know what you think! Sorry for the late post it's just that we've both been incredibly busy and are trying our best to keep up with it all

Much Appreciated

_PaintedPyramids & TheGreatestToDoIt