Chapter 14

A about a two weeks after Nicki had met up with Aubrey's friends a couple time she felt like she was actually getting some where with the case . She'd met up with each of them a couple times and all of them at once a few times . With so much accomplished she felt she'd had it , but when it came down to it she felt like something was missing .

Back at work

Nicki was working late in her office on the phone with one of her very important clients when she heard her cell phone vibrations coming from somewhere . Carrying on with her call she put the phone on speaker and searched for her cell. She could not find it for anything . Finally, when she found her phone , it was Drake who was calling her and she had missed him . "Sh!t" she swore out loud then looked over at the phone where her client was speaking . They didn't hear her because they were still talking.
Maybe about 10 minutes later she had wrapped up her call  and was on her way out . When she made it to her car she felt her phone again and she hoped it was Drake.

Nope. Unknown Caller.

-At Home
Nicki had eaten, showered and settled in a little while later . She'd kept her phone close by just in case Drake called again. Her phone rang and she recognized the number . It was him . She answered immediately and accepted the charges.

Drake : hey Nick

Nicki: hey babe. How are u doing? I'm sorry I missed your call earlier. I was working late and I couldn't fin-

Drake cut her off.

Drake : It's okay Nic what u doin now

Nicki: mhm I ain't doing much laying around right now but u still ain't answered my question how are you ? Are you okay?

Drake: I'm alright . It ain't so great in here but I'm ok . *sigh* God I wish i could come home

Nicki: you and me both. Don't worry I got you babe.

Drake : I miss you so much.

Nicki: I miss you

Drake: I love you

Nicki wanted to fckn cry .

Nicki:I love u too

Drake: tell everybody I miss them . Especially my babies . I was thinkin earlier today bout all the times they used to beg to come stay with me . Now they'll come with me and beg to see you.

Nicki: since you've been away we've had quite a bit of girl time , sleepovers, etc.

Drake: I can only imagine

Nicki : yeah those girls are something else

Drake: you know I love you right

The automated time notice alerted on the call

Nicki: I know , and I love you too .

They really didn't get a chance to talk how they usually would about how it was going wth the whole re opening and all . This was just mainly an I miss u call. An I miss u call that made both of them miss eachother more.

Within the next couple days Nicki was really busy with work. So busy that she'd be working late hours in the office and at home . It was getting pretty hectic and plus with all the work piled up she was feeling really sick on and off. She hadn't really heard from Drake so she hoped he was doing okay.

While she was filling out some paper work for one of her clients her office phone rang and it was the front desk lady

Ms. Maraj Line 2 Please

When she answered the phone she was shocked. It was just the guy she'd been trying to get a hold of. And it wasn't Drake either . This may be a very big piece to the puzzle she thought to herself . This particular guy owed Drake more than a few favors .

At the end of the day

On her way out of the office she got a text from Courtne .

Court💄👄: come over for
dinner tonight pleaseeeeeeeee we miss u 😔

Nicki sent her a text back agreeing to dinner with the girls tonight then headed home . While she was at home she showered , changed , and went to the store to get some ice cream for after dinner .

Courtne's Place

Dinner was really good and the little ones were right up under Nicki most of the time . Most of the time they weren't playing with their new doll houses Court got them. They both made sure Nicki got to their room so she could see the new residence for their dollys before anything. Nicki and Courtne talked for a long time about any and everything. This is really what Nicki needed . A break from all the extra work , just a getaway for a little bit. Nicki got home really late that night because her and Courtne were so into their conversation. Not to mention Spirit and Sade insisted that Nicki tuck them into the bed . When Nicki did that she said goodbye and goodnight to Court and left for home...

-----------------

More updates coming soon. I'm off school in the next 3 days so updates will be on their way. Just bare with me

Much Appreciated

_PaintedPyramids & TheGreatestToDoIt X