Chapter 10

The following week seemed to have approached pretty fast . Drake had a good feeling about his court date this week but at the same time he wasn't so sure how much mercy the judge was going to show him. He was also very happy about his new house. It would be done and ready for moving in by Tuesday afternoon . Drake was sitting at home before his jumbled up thoughts were interrupted by his phone . It was Carlos.

- Monday

Drake: Hey Carlos , how you doin' today ?

Carlos: I'm good man , what about yourself?

Drake: Can't complain . I'm doin alright .

Carlos: Good. Good. Hey uhh will you be able to come by the office today or tomorrow so I can summarize everything for you? You know go over the last things before we go to court.

Drake: yeah I can come thru today . What time is good for you

Carlos: anytime after 1 is perfect

Drake: I'll be there

Carlos: ight see you then

Drake: cool

He arrived at the firm around 1:45. Wanting to surprise his lady he didn't inform her that he'd be stopping by today. When he got there he noticed that she wasn't even there. He soon realized the time and figured she went out for lunch . So he proceeded on to tend to what he came for. Carlos and Drake talked for quite a while. They discussed everything. They reviewed documents , the whole nine. Drake even told him about his iffy feelings about the court date. Carlos just told him that it'd be alright and to just have confidence. It was around 3 to 3:15 when they wrapped up the conversation. On the way out Drake went to go see Nicki again . He found out that he'd just missed her . She had just went into a meeting. Working Woman he thought to himself .

- Tuesday

Movers were in and out of the new house bright and early that morning. Everything was finished and finalized earlier than expected . They were nearly finished around 12 so Drake called Nicki to see if she would like for him to bring her lunch .

Nicki: Hey Babe

Drake: Hey Girl , U Busy?

Nicki: Not To Busy To Talk For A Minute

Drake: Well I'll make it quick so u can get ya work on then . I wanted to know if you'd like for me to bring u lunch today?

Nicki: that's cool if u want to, but I got a better idea

Drake: and what's that

Nicki: How about I meet u somewhere so I can get out of this dreaded office of mine

Drake laughs at her antics and agrees to do so. He told her he'd text her the address and She told him what time she'd be taking her lunch break . Lunch time roller around and she stuck the address into her gps and followed the route. Not to much longer she arrived at a house and she knew this was the new house Drake had built. She walked up to the door and rang the bell. Once He answered the door he kissed her. Of course not before greeting her and telling her how beautiful she was. They went in and as soon as Nicki saw the inside she fell in love . He gave her a tour and she was in awe the entire time. After that they went to the kitchen and found on the table one of Nicki's favorite foods .

Nicki: Aren't you just the sweetest?

Drake: I try

They ate and talked until it was time for Nicki to go back to work .

"How u feeling about this coming Thursday? " Nicki spoke before taking a bite of her food.

Drake: To be honest witcha Nic I'm nervous. I got both good and bad feelings . I don't know....it's just that this could turn out really good or it could be the exact opposite.