Chapter 13

It was 3am and nick I sat wide awake struggling to go to sleep. On nights like these she would normally have drake wake up and sing her to sleep but the fact that wasn't there just made her tear up. She sat up and reached over to switch on her bedside lamp before taking the file containing his case back into her hands. She looked through it and read through it carefully again. Every time she found herself reading through it she would come across something she had previously missed and this time she felt she had it. She took her phone from her beside table and decided to send a group text to Abel, Jahron, Noah and Ryan.

I want to see you. 3.45pm at Aubrey's. -Nicki

With that she locked her phone again and put it back on her beside table along with the file and turned off the light. She let her thoughts distract her before she finally allowed herself to drift off to sleep.

When she woke up later in the morning, she did her morning routine and got ready to go and see him. She hadn't seen him since the day before he left which seemed like forever ago but he was finally allowed visitors and she made sure to be his first. Luckily, due to connections she had, they were allowed a private room with just the two of them which meant she would be able to say everything she had to say to him...

Nicki was escorted by one of the guards to the room where he was. She felt slightly uncomfortable in the atmosphere of the prison but the fact that she would soon be able to see him eased her nerves. The guard opened the door for her and she walked in and there he stood. She walked straight into his arms and he wrapped them tightly around her not wanting to let her go. She pulled away slightly and attached her lips to his. The moment was short lived as they were told their given time of contact was up.

They took a seat opposite each other and held hands. Drake reached across the table and wiped her tears and they made there way down her face. Once she had collected herself she decided to break the silence between them.

Nicki: how you been? How have they been treating you

Drake: I'm coping. It's very hard adjusting to everything but I'm coping.

He placed a kiss on her hand as she just looked at him.

Drake: how have you been? How's everyone

Nicki: if I was to tell you I was okay I would be lying to you. It's very difficult not having you around. I miss you so much Aubrey

She could feel the tears making their way down her face again. She watched as he reached and wiped them away.

Drake: don't cry please. I know it's hard baby and I wish there was something I could do to make all of this easier for you

He could feel himself on the verge of breaking down too but knew he had to hold it together.

Nicki: I don't really know how everyone else is, I'm sure they're also finding a way to cope. 5 years is a long time

He ran his hand through her hair and tucked a loose strand behind her ear.

Nicki: speaking of which

She stole a quick glance at the guard whoever as watching them intently before finding a way to phrase what she wanted to say.

Nicki: I spoke to Carlos the other day and there's been a change of plan. There's a few changes that I think should be made so we're gonna go with it, because it would take less time

She gave his hands a light squeeze in hopes he understood what she was trying to get across.

Drake: and how long would this alternative take to be completed.

Nicki: anything between 6-12 months which overalls is less

Drake: okay

He gave her a small nod. They know the short time they had left was soon coming to an end so they decided to make the most of it.

-

Nicki parked her car in its parking space before stepping out and locking it behind her.

Nicki: nice to see you're all on time gentlemen.

Abel, Noah, Jahron & Ryan followed her into the house and made there way into the dining room before all joining her by taking seats around the table.

Nicki: so I'm guessing you're very confused as to why I want you 4 in particular right

They all agreed.

Nicki: well as you've probably guessed it's concerning drake... And what happened the night you all got caught.

They looked around at each other neither wanting to be the first to speak.

Nicki: now drake never told me and I never asked, but for the sake of him getting out I need to know. The only way I can devise a plan to get him out is by you guys cooperating and tell
Me what you know.

Noah: a lot happened that night Nicki. And I can assure you there's nothing we can-

Nicki: do you want to help him out or not.

Noah sighed before he began telling her the events of what happened the night they got caught.

Nicki: so what you're saying is he was the only one who's face was scene because he let you guys get away

They nodded.

Nicki: perfect. Now I know very well you guys have plenty of people that owes you favours am I right?

Ryan: not us specifically but drake definitely does

Nicki: do you know these people, is there any way you can get hold of them and give me their contact details

Abel: yeah we can get them for you

Nicki: good.

She gave them a smile.

Nicki: I'm gonna need you guys to work with me and this stays between the 5 of us. By doing this I could jeopardise my own career and it could land all of you in a lot of trouble, so we will keep our circle small. The quicker and can get these contacts the sooner Aubrey will be out of jail

Ryan: so what exactly are you intentions to get him out

Nicki: I'm reopening drakes case as his new lawyer

Jahron: and you're gonna change his case around to work to his advantage

Nicki: exactly that

Abel: Aubrey always told us you were a keeper

Nicki: he knew very well then

Noah: indeed he did...

----------------------
I have the ideas, it's forming them in a way that lasts and creates a good chapter. I'm working on it though so more soon to come.

Much Appreciated

_PaintedPyramids & TheGreatestToDoIt