Chapter 12

In her bed under the covers, Nicki lie down very still and in her feels being swallowed in one of his shirts. The past couple days had been really hard on her but she was making it . Forcing herself to get up and get back to her normal life was difficult to convince , but that's what she had to do . Her job still had to be done . Of course bouncing back was gonna take a while , in fact Nic didn't actually think she'd be able to. That's what she had to do tho , it wasn't anything she could do about the situation. Or was it ? Nah

The first day back at work since the trial seemed to come really quick . It wasn't really bad as she thought it'd be . Just as long as she didn't think about it too much and kept busy with clients , meetings and things it was all good. Close to the middle of the day she was interrupted by a knock . It was Carlos and he peeped his head in.

Carlos: Nic how u doin

"I'm fine what about yourself" she says with out looking up from her work

"No how are you reeeeally doing? I know you're down in the dumps a lil bit" , he says closing the door .

She looks up at him . "A little bit?" A lot , a whole lot." She sighs . I'm okay though . I'm good.

Carlos: Whatever you say Nicki .

He leaves and then she busies herself again. A couple hours went by and it was lunch time . She left in her car and headed out to find a good bite to eat .

At the end of her work day she was beat , so the mission was most definitely relaxation. When Nicki got home she fixed a nice jacuzzi bath for herself. Once in she started to relax then her mind flooded with thoughts of Drake . She let a couple stray tears fall before she sucked it up. Not even 5 minutes later of soaking in the tub she fell into an ocean of deep thoughts. 💡 She had a little something she wanted to do, but she was knocked out of her thoughts by hearing a growl come from her stomach. With that , she finished up in the tub and got out. After moisturizing her skin and slipping on something comfortable Nicki ordered some food. Chinese not a surprise. When it came and when she was watching while eating that same thing popped into her mind again from earlier that evening. Hopefully he lets her.

The next day at work Nicki took a break to go see Carlos . She knocked then entered his office only to see him nodding off in his chair .

Carlos! He jumped at the sound of her voice.

Carlos: *yawns* Hey Nicki

Nicki : What have u been up to

Carlos : working that's it I see you doin better

Nicki : yeah I'm fine I told u that

Carlos: so what's up what u need

Nicki: I wanna see your case

My case? Like....what? Carlos says obviously confused

Nicki: your case . Drakes case . I wanna see it

Carlos: why u wanna see that

Nicki gave him a death glare that screamed if u don't give me what I want this instant...

Carlos: alright hold up just a second .

He got up out of his chair and went to fetch the file .

Nicki smiled at him .

"Thank you Carlos "

"Mmmhmm"

"Love you Carlos "

I bet u do he said as he walked back to her file in hand .

Carlos: Don't do nothin crazy and don't get caught .