Chapter 22

I thought I understood the concept of pain. Boy was I wrong.

After a week of 'bedrest', which was basically me being tied to the bed, I thought he had forgotten about my punishment. Another thing I was wrong about.

Harold hadn't spoken much to me and I wasn't complaining, but that didn't mean he left me alone. He was constantly there, just sitting in my room keeping me company.

I didn't know what was on his mind, but I should have known he was contemplating how to punish me.

I had finally started to feel better. My leg had been stitched up, don't ask me how, and the scratches on my stomach from falling on the road, was almost healed. Harold didn't say anything about the stitches and I knew better than to ask.

Everything was fine until this morning. Never had the saying 'calm before the storm' made more sense, because that was definitely what I'd been experiencing.

He had walked into the room this morning less tense than usual, and he'd had a sort of hidden excitement about him. That alone should've given him away, but I guess it's not only love that makes you blind, but hope as well.

Flashback

I wake up by the sound of the door opening. I slowly open my eyes to see Harold standing in the door.

Something is different. I can't tell what it is, but the atmosphere in the room, which you could usually cut through, seems lighter.

"Good morning'"he says without smile, but it doesn't matter. The other days he had simply given me either a grumpy or down sounding 'morning', before sitting down and starting reading a book.

I notice that he isn't carrying his book with him today. Maybe he finished it.

He sits down and I quickly grow uncomfortable, since his eyes doesn't leave my body. They take in every bit of skin and I can't help but feel some kind of violated.

I try to move a bit. Not only is his stare making me less than comfortable, but so is the position I've been forced to lay in for a week now.

"How are you feeling?"The fact that he asks me that come as a bit of a surprise, but I still answer right away.

"I'm okay"I don't see a reason to lie now that he's in a good mood. And maybe if I don't tell him that I'm good, he'll realize that it's time to untie me.

"Good, good" he says and nods to himself. Okay if he wasn't acting weird before, he definitely is now.

I can't tell what he's thinking, as he's now sitting in his own little world. It's like I'm not even here. Leaving him to deal with his mental problems, I lay my head back down on the pillow and close my eyes.

Then I feel his fingers on my wrist, working to get off my restraints. Finally! I mentally scream. When they're off I hesitantly sit up, as I keep my eyes away from his face.I rub my sore wrists as he speaks up again.

"Get up" he snaps and I'm shocked by his sudden chance in behavior, though I don't know why.

I get out of bed, slowly placing my feet on the ground. It feels weird to be standing on my own feet again. I feel a slight stinging in my thigh but it's nothing major.

I look up at Harold expecting him to tell me where to go. When he sees my look he sighs annoyed and leads the way.

I follow him out room and through the house. I don't notice where we're going before we're standing in front of the door to the basement. I look around panicking, I know what this means, and I'll do anything to be tried up on the bed again.