Chapter 10

I wake up to the noise of things breaking and glass shattering. I quickly sit up and I have no knowledge of how I ended up in his bed again. He must have carried me. I look around the room and my eyes quickly find the bathroom door hanging on only one of its hinges, telling me he got through.

I look down myself for bruises or cuts but to my surprise I find none. I guess he's waiting until I wake up. I only now notice the sting on my bum and even though it still hurts, I can now tolerate the light pressure.

The breaking noises continues and are joined by groans and yells. I want to stay in bed and be safe, but somehow my feet are already carrying me towards the noise. I move slowly not wanting him to hear me and before I know it I'm standing in the door to the living room, or what used to be the living room.

It's completely shattered and I can't say I'm sorry about that, it only reminded me of that awful night. For some reason I haven't even noticed him standing against the wall with his back to me. Only when he lets out what sounds like a growl and smashes his fist against the wall, my eyes direct to him.

Before he can turn around and see me standing there and decide that i'd be a better punching bag than the wall, I take off. I quickly make my way to the bedroom and quietly close the door.

I sit down on the bed and I nervously start biting my nails as I try to listen to what he might be doing in there. All I can hear though is a bit of scrambling, no more punches and no more yells. It seems like forever, just sitting there awaiting what's gonna happen next.

After a while of silence I suddenly hear his footsteps making it's way down the hall.

I dive under the covers as quickly as I can, like a child hiding from the monster under the bed. I guess I'm hoping he'll leave me alone it he thinks I'm asleep.

The door opens and I lay completely still. Then a loud bang fills the room, clearly he slammed the door. I stay still even though I know he knows I'm awake after him slamming the door like that.

I wait for him to move but as far as I can tell he doesn't. I slowly poke my head out from under the duvet and I swear it's the closest I've ever been to a heart attack when I see his face right in front of mine, as he's bending over the bed.

"You trying to hide from me again?" The way he says it is so sinister that I crawl right back under the false security of the duvet. But I don't. Instead I stay where I am, looking down at my fingers so I don't have to look at his intense stare.

Out of the corner of my eye I can see his body tensing and I try moving away from him unknowingly. But of course that fails and he grabs my arm harshly, resulting in me crying out in pain.

"It's funny. You'd think you'd know by now to look at me and reply when I talk to you" he says humorlessly. I look at him pleadingly, hoping he'll find it in himself to show mercy for once and not hurt me.

"I didn't mean to, I'm sorry!" I quickly say, trying to save myself from his anger.

He pushes me back with enough force that I fall onto my back.

I don't move, just observe him to see what his next move might be. To my surprise he turns on his heel and leave the room without saying another word.

I timidly sit up, afraid that any sudden movement might bring him back. But unfortunately despite of my slow movements he storms back into the room.

My eyes widen as I see the handcuffs in his hand.

"Please no, not again" I immediately beg him, tears appearing in my eyes again.

He doesn't say anything but just stalks towards me. I turn around trying to get away but he grabs a hold of my ankle and pulls me back.

"I'm sorry!" I try again "I didn't mean to, I was scared"

He starts laughing as he turns me around so I'm facing him. He takes one of my wrists in my hand and closes the handcuff around it.

"You think I'm scary?" He sounds purely evil and I can't help but sob.

"N-no. I didn't mean it like that" I lie as I struggle to get out of his hold.

He crawls onto the bed and pushes me further up the bed, closer to the headboard. He lifts my arms over my head and closes the handcuff around my other wrist. Then he sits back like he's admiring his work.

I try moving my arms but they just pull at the handcuffs stuck to the headboard.

"Please" I look up at him trough my tears. My words only makes him smirk.

"Are you begging?" He looks way to happy with himself, but I can't do anything else other than nod.

"Y-yes. Please, I'm sorry I hid" Suddenly he looks angry again.

"And what else?" He asks, confusing me. What else did I do?

"I'm sorry I locked you out of the bathroom" I say hoping that was what he wanted to hear.

It looks like several emotions are going through his eyes. Maybe his different personalities are fighting over who gets control. When they settle on pain I let a sigh of relief out but I quickly want to take it back as the pain disappears and angry takes its place.

He leans over me and grabs my neck tight.I groan at the shot of pain that goes through me and I wish I had never woken up.

"Why did you run from me?" I can hear how his teeth is grinding and I'm afraid to look at him. "Huh?!" he yells in my face as he lifts my back off the bed only to shove me down against it again.

I try to focus on what to tell him but I don't get a chance to find the right words to say, before he crashes his lips into mine.