13. Drive

Auroras POV

After a sad and quite long goodbye, we were on our way back to London. It was always hard saying goodbye, I just noticed that. I never really wanted to leave. I just wanted to be a teenager again, when all my problems were mostly about the test I hadn't studied for the next day. But at the same time I didn't regret it at all. I loved living in London. My life may not be perfect, I mean I'm sleeping with my childhood bestfriend for godsakes!? But heck, I couldn't ask for anything better.

I pull my legs up and lean my legs against the door of Dan's car. I looked at Dan and observe him. I can't wrap my head around the fact that he's changed so much since I last saw him. He's gotten way more hotter, that's for sure. He's way more stronger, his cute chub is gone, which I personally thought was quite cute to be honest. His style, his hair, just him in general. Im still shocked, and it's been a few months now.

"What you looking at?" He asks.

I smile and shrug. "Nothing."

"You want to stop over to get some food? I can see a McDonald's sign down the road."
I nod.
We stop over and head inside. There was only a few people in there besides the us, besides the workers of course.
Dan offered to pay, I politely refused. He kept protesting, but he finally gave up after I proceeded to pay my order.

The girl behind the counter smiled, "You two are a cute couple."

"Oh my god no" I laugh "we-us-were not dating."
I look to Dan, whom has a stupid grin wiped upon his face. I smack his arm gently.

"Wait-I'm sorry but correct me if I'm wrong, you're Dan Smith right? Like from Bastille?" The girl blushes as she was suddenly hit with realisation. "Could I maybe take a quick photo with you?"

"Yeah sure!" Dan smiles.

"Do you eat me to take a photo?" I offer.

"Oh no no, I feel bad, here Kenzy, take the photo of us will you?" She says quickly as she passes her phone for to her friend. "Thank you Dan! And uh-"

"Aurora" I smile.

"Thank you Dan and Aurora, sorry about that." She blushes.

"No, you're fine, I'm always up for taking photos with fans."

+

We sat in a booth and ate our food. Talking about the things on our mind. Mostly about how that one time we performed at a talent show when we were kids. We both got coffee and hit the road.

I plugged in my phone to the AUX cord and put my phone on shuffle. If you told me at the start of this year that I reunited with Dan I would've knocked you out. I didn't mean for all this to happen but, I'm happy and that's all that matter, right?