Heartbreak in the Sunset.

she fell to her knees
the sky matching her mood
Both firey and beautiful
But dying again as night overcame.
She had belived his lie
As the sun had belived its power
Swearing It would never fall again
She lifts her head
A silent tear falling
She stands again, shakeing
She wanted to scream
But like the sun
she will go on, not breaking
and live to rise another day

+

It's been 10 years.

10 full years since the two have crossed paths.

9 years since the fallout.

9 years since Dan woke up in the hospital.

2 days till Bastille's next gig.

+

"Aurora!" Kelsey called. After graduation the two became best friends and settled in London together.

"Hmm?"

"I'm going to Brandon's tonight."

"Have fun!"
Little did she know that Kelsey was about to change her life.

Aurora recently got a job as a journalist/photographer at a small indie magazine company. And has developed a small online fan base because of her YouTube channel. Vlogging and covers are the main reasons she got all those followers.

Dan on the other hand was touring the world with his band, Bastille. With their highly successful album 'All this Bad Blood' and soon to be released album 'Wild World'. Dan doesn't speak about the past, especially about the alcohol abuse and the smoking. His life has turned around and now he's doing something he never thought he would do.

+

"Oh my god! Are you Kyle Simmons?" Kelsey asks. He smiles and nods.
"Hi! I'm a big fan!"

"That's amazing! How are you?"

"I'm good. Amazing now that I've met you" she laughs. "You don't mind if we take a selfie do you?"

"Oh no I don't mid at all. Here I'll take it."
Kelsey hands him the phone, he stares at her lock screen for a while.

"Wait-who's this?" He asks peculiarly. The girl right next to Kelsey looked so familiar, Kyle just couldn't put his finger on it.

"Oh that's my best friend, Aurora."
It's been years since he's heard that name.

"A-Aurora Archer?"

"Yeah? Do you know her?"

"I-uh yeah I used to." He said, scratching the back of his head.

"Oh, wow really? Wait...Kyle...Kyle-oh my god your the guy she was talking about! I've loved your band for years and your name-fuck, it all makes sense now." She gasps, suddenly her and Kyle's phone starts ringing simultaneously.

"Sorry I've got to take this." They say in unison. Kelsey has Aurora on the line whilst Kyle has Dan.

They both secretly told one another what had happened and who they met.

"WHAT!" Dan and Aurora scream in unison. They haven't heard each other's names for years. Neither of them has moved on. I mean Dan has given up and gets "love" every night, but from a different woman each time.
For Aurora, not so much. She much prefers staying in her room and watching Netflix. All the guys she has met and been on a date with were all assholes and weirdos (no offence to them).

They never really stopped thinking about each other. It was like they were haunting one another. Like a ghost, haunting them in their sleep and their memories. Each time they close their eyes it's like an image of their smile is burnt into the back of their eyelids and they can't erase it. A constant reminder of what they once had.