12. Christmas

Dan's POV

"Dan...dan! Danny wake up!" Aurora laughed. I open my eyes to see her straddled on top of me. I let out a small laugh and wipe my eyes.
"It's Christmas motherfucker!" She says enthusiastically. Auroras always been a Christmas person, though I only ever got to spend a few Christmas' together as teens, since we would usually fly back to South Africa. As children we would do our own little Christmas celebration before we left, exchanging gifts and such.

"Get up" she moaned. I roll my eyes at her and laugh, this girl. I get up and stretch. She immediately drags me down stairs to where the Christmas tree was. Our parents had already sat on the couches around the Christmas tree. I sat on the floor and played with Fran's baby, Julia.

"You're so cute" I cooed, she gave me a toothless grin and giggled. She was adorable and had the same blue eyes as Fran and I. Aurora was sat next to me cooing her and tickling her.
It was finally time to open our presents. Mum got up and announced the names.

"To Aurora, From Daniel." She smiled.
I had gotten Aurora some makeup, since every time we went out together she would eye this one palette. I also got her a perfume and a black sweatshirt with a little cactus embroidered on it. She opened them up and covered her mouth, jumping onto me and pulling me into a tight hug.

"Oh my god thank you so much!"

"To Daniel, from Aurora." My mother said.

I opened it up to find a black bomber jacket, a cap and a bracelet. "Thank you so much Rora! I love it!" I smile.

As the morning progressed we all got our presents and ate breakfast. While I was out Christmas shopping I stumbled upon a Victoria Secret store. Originally I was gonna get Aurora just perfume but I saw the way she would talk about the makeup so I got that and the sweatshirt as a little extra.
I also have a little something for her, but we'll talk about that later.

"Merry Christmas loves, I'm happy we could all be here this year. We always seem to be missing a person, but now we are all here." Aurora's mother smiles.

For the duration of the day we played some games and watched some Christmas themed films.
It was nice and relaxing. I felt so free for once, the weight of everything had been lifted off my shoulders and I could finally relax.

"Mistletoe!" Fran laughs. Wait what?!

"Wha-"
"Sorry kiddos, you got to kiss. I don't make up the rules."
Jason, Frans husband laughs and agrees with her.

Aurora smiles and shrugs. Guess we have to please the crowd. Aurora and I lean in and we peck each other on the lips. I feel my face go red a bit, Aurora giggles like a little school girl. Our parents m, my sister and Jason were cheering us on. Oh my god.

+

Before dinner Aurora and I made our way outside to the back garden. Thankfully my parents had a heater and a cover installed out the back. I wrapped the blanket around the two of us and we sat in a comfortable silence. Aurora swung her legs up to the couch and covered them with the blanket.

"Why are we even out here?" She laughs.
I laugh too and shrug. "Who knows."

"I miss this."

"Miss what?" I ask.

"I miss home." She muses. "Life in London is just so hectic. Its always so busy and it's always work, work, work. I never have time to myself."

"I know how you feel. I go back on tour in two weeks. Wild Wild World tour or something like that."

"Ah, Bastille boy, do show me some of your songs." She says.

"No!! They're all shitty."

"Uh-huh. That's why you have a massive fan base full of fangirls and sell out arenas." She says sarcastically. She snatches the phone out of my hand and guesses the password in one try. How the hell? She goes to YouTube and searches 'Bastille'. She clicks the 'Flaws' music video and watches it. She raises her eyebrows and and nods.

"You looked so cute here Dan, what happened?"

"Shu'up!" I budge her and laugh.

We spent the remainder of the night just talking about music. Hours seem to pass by quickly when we talked. The stars seem to twinkle in the moonlight whilst we've got an unfittingly depressing playlist on repeat.

[[ hey y'all!!

Hope u liked this chapter. And again, I do apologise for the lack of updates. School has been draining me.

Don't forget to vote/comment/add to ur library/reading list

-Denise xx ]]