Chapter 4: Under the Sea

Start from the beginning

"Fine. Go ahead and stand there like I'm your prisoner," I muttered irritably. The guards showed no sign of hearing me.

The third stood in front of them, and I was shocked by how human he looked. More human than some of the actual humans I knew. His toned arms were tan, his green eyes flitting around with intelligence; a warrior's gaze. Our eyes met and locked for several seconds before he broke contact, shaking his brow hair our of his eyes and facing his men. He spoke several words in an unfamiliar language then, after the two guards before me bowed, turned on his heel and left. 

Slowly, I stretched my legs out in front of me, studying the guards as I did. I'm obviously a prisoner... But there aren't any bars or obstacles preventing escape except my two bffs here. And yet... why are they standing so far from me? Is it for their own protection, or is there some sort of barrier keeping them from coming closer?

I stood up and walked towards the pair of guards. When I was mere inches away from their broad forms, I reached out, my fingers stretching out towards their gleaming shoulder plates. My hand stopped a centimeter away, instead making contact with a slimy, smooth surface. The air in front of me shimmered and a blue bubble appeared around me. 

Well... That's... Interesting...

But I was too tired to continue my observation. I tried to pry my eyes open and stay awake, but my body wouldn't listen. My mind was a pool of scrambled thoughts and memories as distant as the stars, as finally, sleep claimed me. Two last thoughts plagued my mind before I slipped away: How can I fall asleep in a dream? And why am I unafraid?

~*~*~*~

I woke up in my tiny bubble cell, rubbing my tired eyes. How long did I sleep? I wondered as I observed prison. My pals were still positioned in front of me, separated by a thin translucent layer of bubble. "I'm starving!" I puffed, standing. "Do you people eat? Or are you like plants?" My closed fists met the bubble's surface. It trembled wildly, but didn't give beneath my strike. My voice rose. "Where am I anyway? Is anyone going to talk to me in this place, or am I going to be sacrificed in silence?" Sighing, I let my hands drop to my sides. Where is that Aaronarra guy when you need him? 

I am here, Aaronarra said, his presence a weight in my mind. I have been sent to answer your questions; I am sure you have many.

Got that right, weirdo. Where am I?

You are in a cell - a temporary arrangement, I assure you - in the Undine kingdom known as Trocien.

Hm, never heard of it. Moving on. Why am I in a cell, and is "Trocien" on EarthA hissing sound bounced around in my mind and I realized the voice was laughing. I frowned.

You are in a cell because the King does not yet know if you are a threat-

I cut him off with my uncontrollable laughter. "You... thought... I could be... a threat? Me?" I managed to say through my laughter.

I couldn't believe it! If anyone was a threat, it was this King guy who had me dragged under the ocean then brought to wherever this Trocien place was. I heard the voice growl, a deep rumbling sound, and immediately forced my laugh down my throat.

Do not mock his Majesty.

I gulped and stopped laughing. I had a feeling my bubble wouldn't be much help if this guy decided to come out of my mind and attack me. 

Trocien is an underwater kingdom where the race called the Undines live. You are on Earth, but at the bottom of the Pacific Ocean, he stated calmly.

I listened intently, but quickly pinched myself as I realized I was starting to believe the strange voice. I decided to play along. Maybe these lies were just manipulations of the truth. Ok then. So, what are you? The question had been nagging me since I first heard the voice.

I am the Sea Howler, Aaronarra.

Ok, whatever that is. May I see you? Note to self: when dealing with strange voices in your head, do not insult the King guy, and be very polite.

I was surprised when the voice said, As you wish. I laugh. I didn't know this was The Princess Bride. 

The ground started to shake and the sand shifted. My bubble cell shivered, making me fall down. The soft material prevented any injury. As soon as the tremors started, they stopped. The earth went still. I peered through my translucent cell wall and screamed as a snake-like figure materialized from the shadows in front of me, jaws open to reveal rows of shining fangs. 
~*~*~*~

A/N
Finally a chapter that doesn't take two seconds to read, but it's still pretty short. The upcoming chapters are longer don't worry.
Vote * Comment * And Keep Reading!
(1543 words)